Muscle building question

Options
Hello!
I am a female and in late 20s.
I have been lifting weights for 4 months now. The progress was satisfying until a couple weeks ago. My body fat was going down and seeing more definitions. Since a couple weeks ago, my body started to swell. I didnt do anything different. This is just so frustrating. Anyone know why could this be?

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant by chance? Have you started any new medications or birth control? Have you been sick recently?

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    bhjbhj1214 wrote: »
    Hello!
    I am a female and in late 20s.
    I have been lifting weights for 4 months now. The progress was satisfying until a couple weeks ago. My body fat was going down and seeing more definitions. Since a couple weeks ago, my body started to swell. I didnt do anything different. This is just so frustrating. Anyone know why could this be?

your body as a whole everywhere has started to swell up bigger?

Any normal soreness with that?
    Meal changes?

Side point just for clarity - the body fat going down was due to the diet, not the lifting.
    The lifting just made sure there was something to see once the fat dropped off.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    You are likely retaining water for one of many possible reasons, including diet, TOM, change in routine, illness or allergies, etc.