Cheat meal never as good as imagined

Options
Is it just me? I have been craving Krispy Kreme’s and today I went and got two donuts. I are the first one and was unimpressed, ended up ghrowing most of the second on away.

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    I find the same thing happens to me. I'll let myself have something, then regret it either once I taste it or afterward when eating so much makes me feel like crap. I recently had Taco Bell and the flavor of the meat was gross! I'd rather have my own cooking.

Good for you for throwing the other donut away!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my cheats! 100%!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I think one of the things that happens during the process of transforming your diet is you find out what things you actually like, and what things you thought you liked but actually don't really need or want. I've learned to incorporate some of the things I actually like into my diet, not as a "cheat", but to fit within my goals (even if that means calorie banking or some other means to allow me to have more calories on a day than normal). Other things I've cut out.

My employees get Krispy Kremes all the time at the office, and I'm often offered, but have no issue refusing. Because while I probably would have had one back in the day before I started this, now it's definitely not worth the calories on something I don't even really like that much.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    depends. i am pretty picky and it usually ties into a craving i have (for many weeks by the time i indulge). but to an extent it’s rarely quite as amazing as i would hope ;) lots of pressure on the poor food!

sometimes i try something that is a miss but if not in public i will toss it (not eat much).
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I gave up gluten way before I started counting calories and carbs, so when I "cheat" with something that has gluten it is never worth it for me. I tried eating a sugar cookie at Christmas time and all I could taste was the flour. It was kind of disappointing, but better for me in the long run. I cheated yesterday by eating a half of an almond hershey's bar and today I can't stay off the toilet, again, not worth it, lol!
  • _faedreamer
    _faedreamer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i got a frappuccino at Starbucks the other night as a cheat-y dessert after dinner and only managed two sips before tossing it, it was sooooo sweet and gross.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat, but allow myself foods that others would consider cheating on most days. I only have them if I have enough room in my day. Dove ice cream has become my *almost* nightly treat, and it's something I look forward to!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I just work daily treats into my calorie budget. Kind of dislike the idea of a cheat meal. It’s just cheating yourself, so what’s the point? Donuts aren’t my favorite, and a lot of local bakeries have way better donuts anyway. I think most of the Krispy Kreme’s here have closed. I do remember the long lines when the first one opened here though.
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I like to plan my treat meals very carefully so they are worth every delicious bite. But I've never been tempted by a Krispy Kreme...I think they are the worst of all donut brands.