Trying to resurrect what once was

Hello all, been quite some time since I have been active on MFP. This is kind of a reintroduction of sorts. Over the last year I have seen some big life changes, all for the good. However its had a big impact on my fitness life.

I spent most of Nov/Dec of 2018 working 6-7 days a week to make the OT. I moved to Lincoln NE in Jan of 2019 and needed the cash. Since in Lincoln I have had a crazy work schedule and getting time to work out was difficult. Well.....in March I got injured at work, a sprained/bruised rotator cuff which Im still trying to recover from. Doc said no working out, no gym, no nothing. No running, no leg day, not a thing.......it has been absolutely terrible!!! My ADHD has been insane! However my floors and counter tops are immaculate 😂.

I have finally been cleared to get back to the gym with restrictions. Legs, elliptical(no arms) biking, abs, and upper body as long as there is no pushing involved and no shoulder flys(bi’s, tri’s and rows are good).

Im starting from scratch so its kind of a new beginning of sorts. Get diet plan back from being a mess and start with the old school basic’s. However, with the restrictions, does anyone have any ideas for a chest workout that doesnt involve pushing(pretty much what the muscle is meant to do)? Or, anything that wont stress a rotator cuff while still working the chest. Odd question but worth asking, I just cant wait to be healed up and back to it full boar. I feel like Im shrinking lol.

Also, if there are any guys or gals who life in Lincoln drop me a line. I dont know to many folks around here. Thanks everyone for any help.

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    When I had rotator cuff issues I did straight arm exercises to work the chest and shoulders and cuff. Lots of scapular strengthening. Scapular pushups, scapular pull-ups, planche leans, weighted deadbugs, straight arm dumbbell pullovers, etc.
  • jmackkk
    jmackkk Posts: 37 Member
    Ill look into all those. Im still under Doc supervisions so Ill have to run it by him but excits me for sure. I need to get back in the swing of things and any light at the end of the tumnel is awesome