Need to get off my *kitten*!

Options
Seriously, my treadmill and elliptical is collecting dust. I've been using here and there...but the struggle is real. I'm completely exhausted after work and with having young children. When to find the time weekdays vs weekends? Any tips, feel free to add me ..motivation needed!

Replies

• Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Maybe set aside certain time where your kids have soccer or hockey or some event? Like they watch a movie or if you have a partner, he/she takes them then you could get on the elliptical either during the movie and watch or have some time to get the workout in? Could get up pretty early before they're up for a workout? The struggle is real though. I'm just brainstorming some ideas here but everyone's situation is different so I can't say for sure what would work for you.. Good luck though!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Something is better than nothing. Start off with a five minute commitment which should be acceptable to your brain. Do it for a week and see where it leads you.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    Can you work out before work? Then you won't be trying to work out when you're exhausted and might be able to do it before the kids wake up. Feel free to add me if you want to encourage each other!
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What works for me is scheduling it in. Then I don’t accidentally over commit myself. But, yeah, I have 2 young ones too and it’s hard. One is only 2 months old so doing a 30 minute video is an achievement!
  • Ginamarie_39
    Ginamarie_39 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies.I work 9 hrs..so I maybe can squeeze an early am. Have to be at work by 0730 and have far drive home. I will definitely also try scheduling it..
  • amynarbonne
    amynarbonne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too need to get my *kitten* motivated. I just think 10 minutes only on treadmill but once I’m on it and going I end up half hour. Now I need to do 10 minutes every day. Lol. My issues.