The boobs have to go away

Options
Please recommend what types of exercises and weight training I must do to get my boobs to shrink as fast a possible!
I’ve already been through one breast reduction in my life, that failed.
These babies have to go... NOW

Replies

• resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wow. If only to offer some sincere feedback, ( and being in no position to comment about the specifics!) But, diet alone, i dont think, will change a challenging anatomical issue. Similarly, weight training will improve your overall strength, but, probably only help manage the effects you are suffering, not treat the cause. I suspect you may have to go back to your surgeon, read him the riot act, and tell him to do it right this time.
    This is probably no use whatsoever, but thought id give some moral support anyway. Good luck!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce from exercise. assuming a lot of the breast is fat tissue, you will just have to lose weight/fat, and eventually, lose from there. Only other options are a breast reduction or lipo from that area.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Did you have a breast reduction after weight loss and them regained some weight? If so, sounds like you are one of the women like me who are genetically determined to gain fat in the breasts. When I lose, I lose some in the breasts but when I gain, I gain a lot there. At my best weight I have gone from a "C" to a "J" because of yo-yo dieting over the years.

If you are overweight, your best bet is to lose slowly and keep the weight off. If you recently lost, time and keeping the weight off will help. Either way, strength training the chest and abdominal muscles will help a little by firming up muscle tissue. Not much can help the fatty tissue. Even age and menopause won't do much because the body reabsorbs the milk ducts which is partly why older women have saggy breasts . . . they are nothing more than fatty tissue.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, unfortunately the weight is going to come off from where ever it wants too. I'm overweight and carry a lot of extra pounds in my stomach and my boobs, and that is also where I tend to lose weight from the quickest. Sadly, every one is different.

Are you overweight? Are you losing weight currently? You may just need to give it time if that is the case.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    There is no way to target fat loss in your breasts, or anywhere else. No exercise will accomplish this. However, if you have a lot of fat to lose, it's likely that you will lose some in your breasts. It's just impossible to say how much breast tissue you will lose or when in your weight loss you will lose it.

In my own experience, I went from a 40DDD to a 30D-32C while losing 100 pounds. However, my cup size did not change until VERY late in my weight loss. For about the first 75-80 pounds, I only lost band sizes. So my breasts were getting smaller, but were still proportionally about the same size relative to my ribcage. Very late in my weight loss, I started losing cup sizes, and I lost a bit more as I have been maintaining for the past 1.5 years. I was a 32D when I started maintenance.

My advice would be to lose the weight you want to lose, and reevaluate after you've been in maintenance for a while.
  • camucha1988
    camucha1988 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, so in the past I've lost approximately 50lbs of weight and also lost a couple of bra sizes. I was running a lot, about 30-45 minutes per day, for about 4-5 days a week. At this point, I've gained some weight and thus increased in bra size again. Hope this helps!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    elmodoggie wrote: »
    Please recommend what types of exercises and weight training I must do to get my boobs to shrink as fast a possible!
    I’ve already been through one breast reduction in my life, that failed.
    These babies have to go... NOW

Exercise and weight training isn't going to reduce boob size. If you're overweight, losing weight might help, but that's largely genetic.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    mochapygmy wrote: »
    So every woman I know looses weight in their breasts first, when they reduce their calories. I, however, lost 99lbs and went from a 38D to a 32F/G. Turns out I don't carry fat in my breasts but did lose inches from my rib cage/ back which increased my cup size.

I don't say this to discourage you but to encourage you to practise some body acceptance regardless of your size. Genetics can't be changed. That and looking for a good bra or saving for surgery.

Did you take measurements? Dollars to donuts, your breast sized decreased, it just did not decrease proportionately to your band size, thus your cup sized appeared to increase.

When measuring for bra size, the cup of a 32D is much smaller than the cup of a 44D, it's not just straight measurements but also the ratio of your bust to your chest size.

Hopefully that explanation helps a bit!

• mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    mochapygmy wrote: »
    So every woman I know looses weight in their breasts first, when they reduce their calories. I, however, lost 99lbs and went from a 38D to a 32F/G. Turns out I don't carry fat in my breasts but did lose inches from my rib cage/ back which increased my cup size.

I don't say this to discourage you but to encourage you to practise some body acceptance regardless of your size. Genetics can't be changed. That and looking for a good bra or saving for surgery.

Did you take measurements? Dollars to donuts, your breast sized decreased, it just did not decrease proportionately to your band size, thus your cup sized appeared to increase.

When measuring for bra size, the cup of a 32D is much smaller than the cup of a 44D, it's not just straight measurements but also the ratio of your bust to your chest size.

Hopefully that explanation helps a bit!

Both personal and professional Nordstrom bra fitter measurements. Could there be room for error? Sure.

I agree that the same cup would differ at different bands but my cup increased as the band decreased implying that my breast tissue remained constant.
  • SallyH77
    SallyH77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ive lost over 60kgs, my bra size went from a 26E to a 16H (AUS sizings) - unfortunately losing weight didnt make them shrink for me.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    [quote="mochapygmy;c-43781987"

I agree that the same cup would differ at different bands but my cup increased as the band decreased implying that my breast tissue remained constant. [/quote]

After losing nearly 40lbs several years ago, I went to buy new bras, and the store offered fitting service. The fitter's jaw dropped when I told her what size I thought I needed, and mine dropped when she measured me and told me what I needed. (She was correct.)

She said the rule of thumb is as you move two inches down in band size, your cup size will increase by one letter. Obviously this won't be true for everyone, but it was for me.
  • Aveseves
    Aveseves Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you find a solution let me know! Definitely would love a little less chest as well! Lol but in all seriousness I have lost weight and gained weight and lost it again etc and it did not change my situation. Good luck and learn to love your body...even when it can be a little annoying;)