Bruschetta

Options
nas24
nas24 Posts: 880 Member
I love the taste of bruschetta, but i'm looking to cut calories. Is there something else I can do with the bruschetta (the tomato part) besides putting it on bread?

Replies

• Jessicamarlynn
    Jessicamarlynn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Put it on the top of salad, it's really yummy!
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    toast zucchini or eggplant slices...
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Here's something I have made and really like...
    Wonton wrappers...place them in muffin pans and bake for a few minutes until baked and crispy. Then fill them with fresh tomatoes and basil.
    The small cups are also great for adding other fillings and still keeping portion size in check.
  • jmmccall
    jmmccall Posts: 19
    Options
    Maybe try putting it on Melba Toast, it's healthier, has less calories and less carbs. You can find different flavors, that would be good. This actually give me an idea bc I eat Melba Toast with every meal, but it's kind of hard so I look for new stuff to eat it will. I love Bruschetta so I am going to try it on there.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Use it over whole wheat pasta or spaghetti squash!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It tastes really good on grilled chicken breasts as well as on top of turkey burgers.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the helpful ideas! These all sound great!
  • whispiri
    whispiri Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have even added it to breakfast burritos to give them flavor
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I make a really good bruschetta with tomatoes, asparagus, garlic and goat cheese. I use phyllo dough (2 layers) and make cups in muffin tins. Cook the cups, then add the mixture. Delic!

(PS, it helps to mix the tomatoes, asparagus and garlic first, then cook in the oven in a collander (over a pan) for awhile to get alot of the liquid out of the veggies, then mix in the goat cheese and fill the cups).

Amazing!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I make a really good bruschetta with tomatoes, asparagus, garlic and goat cheese. I use phyllo dough (2 layers) and make cups in muffin tins. Cook the cups, then add the mixture. Delic!

(PS, it helps to mix the tomatoes, asparagus and garlic first, then cook in the oven in a collander (over a pan) for awhile to get alot of the liquid out of the veggies, then mix in the goat cheese and fill the cups).

Amazing!

OOoooooo this sounds REALLY good! :D
  • aeperalta
    Options
    Use it in lettuce cups, maybe with some chicken or fish mixed in. I love Butter Lettuce!
  • aeperalta
    Options
    @OSUalum That's a great idea! I can use those baked wontons with so many other fillings.