Anniversary NSV!!

Options
Redbella
Redbella Posts: 58 Member
Today is my 21st wedding anniversary. 11 yrs ago my husband asked me what I wanted for my anniversary and I offhandedly said "oh a tennis bracelet would be nice" But I never in a million yrs thought I would get one because at the time money was pretty tight. Well, much to my surprise and delight he did buy me a tennis bracelet for my anniversary but to my shame I couldn't wear it. He didn't even think to check the size of the bracelet and unfortunately it was just way to small. We went to the jewelers to see what they could do for us but all they said is we could try and match it and make a link but it was going to be more expensive then what the bracelet was worth! So I told my husband "don't worry about it I will lose the weight and be able to wear the bracelet" Well, every so often I would take the bracelet out and look at it and every year I would try to fit it on my wrist but it never did fit ......til today! I finally lost enough weight I can wear my bracelet! I can't even tell u how happy I am! It was a long time coming but finally I did it!!!

Replies

• butterfly0819
    Options
    Congratulations! That must have been an awesome feeling :) Be super proud of yourself!!!!!
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    Options
    congratulations!!!!!! that is such a great inspirational story. keep up the good work!
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you it`s like a double blessing all in one!
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! that is an awesome story.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    that is sooo awesome! Congrats on the weightloss and your anniversary..
  • Nicolasina
    Options
    That's awesome! congrats! :)
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    Beautiful story and major NSV! Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • santosateos
    Options
    lovely story, congratulations and happy anniversary to you and your husband!
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    So wonderful!! What a great NSV! It doesn't get much better than things like that!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    What an amazing NSV! I'm glad you didn't give up over the years.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Absolutely AWESOME! Hard work pays off in so many ways!
  • Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    Now THAT is an inspiring story. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Happy Annniversary, I was married 4 years ago today!!!

Congratulations!!
  • skylinekt
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A beautiful story of love and happiness! Congrats!
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    Today is my 21st wedding anniversary. 11 yrs ago my husband asked me what I wanted for my anniversary and I offhandedly said "oh a tennis bracelet would be nice" But I never in a million yrs thought I would get one because at the time money was pretty tight. Well, much to my surprise and delight he did buy me a tennis bracelet for my anniversary but to my shame I couldn't wear it. He didn't even think to check the size of the bracelet and unfortunately it was just way to small. We went to the jewelers to see what they could do for us but all they said is we could try and match it and make a link but it was going to be more expensive then what the bracelet was worth! So I told my husband "don't worry about it I will lose the weight and be able to wear the bracelet" Well, every so often I would take the bracelet out and look at it and every year I would try to fit it on my wrist but it never did fit ......til today! I finally lost enough weight I can wear my bracelet! I can't even tell u how happy I am! It was a long time coming but finally I did it!!!
    That is a wonderful NSV!!! One of the best! Keep up the good work!
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! that is awesome--both the anniversary and the victory...a good man is a gift from God and so is a good woman!!
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    That is such an incredibly happy NSV! Good job! Enjoy your bracelet!
  • aggiecs
    aggiecs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling!! Congrats!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!