Opinion on dress please

kds10
kds10 Posts: 452 Member
HI, so I bought this dress here:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=3E0E7AEC216E0DA9FDD748B8B52060FEDEA0B600&thid=OIP.vqmbWba6fDDvJR8A2g3fMQHaLH&mediaurl=https://xo.lulus.com/images/product/xlarge/1654898_267634.jpg&exph=840&expw=560&q=winners+shirt+dress+navy+blue&selectedindex=0&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,6

...but on me it comes down longer..so probably about 5" or so...would that still be okay? I will be wearing it with 4" wedge sandels. I ask because I don't buy dresses/skirts that often and being shorter 5'4" just wondering if it would still look okay? I like the fact it is one piece as opposed to having buy a skirt and a top.

It is for a wedding.

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I think it will look fine on someone shorter, I think wearing the heels with it will seal the deal.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    super cute!!
  • kds10
    Great, thanks!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    When I was a kid I hated dresses, but they are easier than a suit for work or a skirt and blouse. I love that dress. Super cute.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Can we see you in it?
  • Aveseves
    Aveseves Posts: 62 Member
    Love it!!
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    i think it's nice.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    I think it will look great with wedge heels, even coming down a tad more.
  • biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    I am 5’4” too, might be a little long. The models are usually taller but it might still look great on you.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    I love that dress! I will make a suggestion however for future dress endeavors if needed. There's a site called eshakti that has ADORABLE designs and they will alter it for you, hem, sleeves, pockets, all of it. Might be worth looking into in the future, if you should need a dress again. They give out wicked good coupons every so often for x amount off.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I like it and think it will look fine on you! Sounds like a very cute look for a wedding.

I'm pretty tall at 5'8" and even I have noticed that most things come down a lot longer on me than on models. They usually are so tall and so lean...it is bound to happen. Sometimes it's a really good thing when the skirt looks mid-thigh in the online photo, and comes almost to my knee, where I want it.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Really cute and it'll work for lots of different occasions! I always love having a 'go to' dress in the closet - it's like a hidden secret weapon!
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    I like it. You seem like a nice person. Have a great time at the event.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    The dress is very nice...but I am not sure it feels festive enough for a wedding...particularly if the wedding is taking place in the summer. It looks more like something I would wear to the office. It could work for a less formal daytime wedding, but I would still want to add some fun accessories. I don't know if the ceremony will be held in a place of worship where more modest attire is necessary (in which case that dress will certainly provide adequate coverage), but for a reception it feels a little prim.

As for the length, it is hard to tell how it will look on you judging only by the fit on the model. Sometimes I buy dresses that are above the knee on the model and they fit me similarly even though I am just under 5'3", and other times they might hit me mid calf. If the website offers measurements for the dress, that might help.
  • kds10
    ilfaith wrote: »
    The dress is very nice...but I am not sure it feels festive enough for a wedding...particularly if the wedding is taking place in the summer. It looks more like something I would wear to the office. It could work for a less formal daytime wedding, but I would still want to add some fun accessories. I don't know if the ceremony will be held in a place of worship where more modest attire is necessary (in which case that dress will certainly provide adequate coverage), but for a reception it feels a little prim.

As for the length, it is hard to tell how it will look on you judging only by the fit on the model. Sometimes I buy dresses that are above the knee on the model and they fit me similarly even though I am just under 5'3", and other times they might hit me mid calf. If the website offers measurements for the dress, that might help.

LOL...I am starting to agree with you...I think I am going to end up returning it, I kind of searched online at some stores that I didn't hit up yet and found more better options...

I think something more like this would be better:

https://www.forever21.com/ca/shop/catalog/product/f21/dress_casual/2000342263