Homemade energy bars/balls

Options
Hi, does anyone have any recipes they would care to share that are max 200 calories? Trying to find a solution for my mid afternoon energy slumps. Shop bought are so full of sugar!

Replies

• amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi, I make my own. I tend to go with whatever is in the cupboard. I put in some nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds, whatever really), some dried fruit (raisins mainly but could be anything), dates and/or peanut butter to bind it. Can also add in small amounts of flavourings like citrus peel, chilli etc. I put it in a food processor and then roll into balls and freeze.

Probably start with equal amounts nuts/dried fruit and then add in dates/peanut butter until it is all sticking together but not mush.

Good luck
  • amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    And to get to the right calories, I just keep a note of the ingredients/calories I have put in and then portion it up based on how many calories I want in the ball. Weigh the final mixture and then scoop out a set amount each time to roll with.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yeah I also make my own with whatever is in the cupboard. I think the last time they were 25 calories each.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to make a new batch. So yummy! Maybe now. Lol.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I’ve recently started making my own energy/protein balls which includes: 2.5 cups oats, 1.25 ground flaxseed, 4tbsp chia seeds, 4 scoops protein powder, 2-2.25 cups peanut butter, 6-8oz honey, 16 oz choc chips = 130cals per. Mix all the ingredients until you are able to form into balls and then refrigerate 30 mins, remove and finish by forming the “batter” into golf ball sized balls. If at first the mix doesn’t form into a ball add more peanut butter or honey. I always add more peanut butter because I don’t love honey