The 20 Unhealthiest Drinks in America

Options
I was checking my email and noticed this link! I was so shocked about the smoothies because I work part-time in a cafe.

*sigh* Guess I'll have to stop drinking those so much. :sad:

But, neways, this site is really interesting! I've seen the book before so I'm thinking of buying it now.

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/Unhealthiest_Drinks_in_America/index.php?cm_mmc=Yahoo_Blog-_-ETNT-_-Ultimate_Fast_Food_Survival_Guide-_-Eat_This_Not_That

Replies

• Mrs_Ford
    Mrs_Ford Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was checking my email and noticed this link! I was so shocked about the smoothies because I work part-time in a cafe.

*sigh* Guess I'll have to stop drinking those so much. :sad:

But, neways, this site is really interesting! I've seen the book before so I'm thinking of buying it now.

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/Unhealthiest_Drinks_in_America/index.php?cm_mmc=Yahoo_Blog-_-ETNT-_-Ultimate_Fast_Food_Survival_Guide-_-Eat_This_Not_That
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    WOW totally blown away at some of the items on this list that I used to eat/drink all the time. Won't be doing that again. Thanks for passing the info along!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    yowza!
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 66
    Options
    *has never even heard of any of it on the list*

some one has to come up with Asia's top 20 worst drinks~! then again, i only drink chinese tea and liptom milk tea ^_^
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    you have to watch out for smoothies. I go to Smoothie King and get the Slim and Trims (make it skinny which allows you to deduct another 100 calories off) Plus I like that they have the nutritional value right there for you to look at and you can get shot of other things put in it like today I got a slim and trim orange vanilla with a shot of diet down (its a fat burner) and it was a total of 215 calories which is good cause that was my snack and it lasted plenty long yum yum..

Smoothie King also has smoothies that are 1000 plus calories too-
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    My first Calorie-sticker-shock item was a smoothie from Orange Julius!

I ordered a fat-free yogurt smoothie thinking to myself that it was just fat free yogurt and juice! Sure... I knew it had sugar, but for a 12 ounce drink I guesstimated 300 calories.... turned out to be almost 700 calories and 8 grams of fat! (the yogurt was fat-free, but not the entire drink)

Haven't been back to Orange Julius since :laugh:
  • Teach381
    Options
    OMG, did you SEE the shakes on that list!! Holy Moly, but I do have to confess, the Peppermint Patty one sounded good:laugh:
  • uscm91
    uscm91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dang...no more Vitamin Water for me:(
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    dang--I 've never had ANYTHING on that list---and I still have to lose a ton of weight
    What is the worst potato???:tongue:

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • McLachfan
    Options
    tennetubbie.... now you're talking my language. I love, love, LOVE potatoes! When I was pregnant that was almost all I ate (well, that and Chunky Monkey and BK ham, egg, and cheese croissanwhiches). Anywho... yeah, mashed, baked, french fries, tator tots, hash browns... if it's potato I'm there!
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    dang--I 've never had ANYTHING on that list---and I still have to lose a ton of weight

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Potato Ole's from Taco Johns!! The small container is 440 calories!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    phew safe again----all I like is home made! I still have it with skimmed milk and ff cream cheese or ff sour cream---never did like butter in my mash!
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Sobe LifeWater has 3 new 0 calorie waters that aren't bad. I have tried all 3 and they are pretty good

Nutrition Fact 0 Cal, 0 Sugar, 25mg Sodium, Carbs 6g
    Yumberry Pomegranate
    Black & Blue Berry
    Fiji Apple Pear --- My favorite

http://www.sobeworld.com/
  • gggivens
    Options
    On the potato thing- if you just HAVE to have actual fried french fries, make them at home using the Foreman Spin Deep Fryer. I got one for Christmas and used it almost daily, sometimes twice a day, for the first couple of weeks. After cooking well over 50 batches of food in it, I measured the oil level, and discovered that I had only dropped about 4 tablespoons!!! It was leaner then coating the potatoes and baking them!

I now hate to fry in anything else. The only drawback is the round basket makes larger items more difficult to cook.
  • gggivens
    Options
    On the potato thing- if you just HAVE to have actual fried french fries, make them at home using the Foreman Spin Deep Fryer. I got one for Christmas and used it almost daily, sometimes twice a day, for the first couple of weeks. After cooking well over 50 batches of food in it, I measured the oil level, and discovered that I had only dropped about 4 tablespoons!!! It was leaner then coating the potatoes and baking them!

I now hate to fry in anything else. The only drawback is the round basket makes larger items more difficult to cook.

153131.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

153131.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free

Ooh my hubby LOVES to fry things... so it's been banned in our household. Will have to check into that, maybe give him one for his bday. Thanks for the tip! I'd never even heard of it!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I've never had a LARGE Heath bar sunday from Baskin Robbins, but I've had a small! And those Starbucks drinks? Only my favorites! Haha. But I haven't had any of these in a long time.
  • Mrs_Ford
    Mrs_Ford Posts: 44 Member
    Options

:laugh: :heart: