I need help from successful "zig-zaggers!"

Options
I'm stuck in a plateau and am so sick of it! I'm working my butt off excersizing and eating healthy and am just stuck between 117-120. I've heard about zig zagging and tried looking it up here and there were lots of different opinions and I was just getting soooo confused. Here's my stats and I'm hoping someone can help me make sense of it all! I went to freedieting.com to their calculator and this is what I got

CW -120
GW -110
5' 0"
I work out 5x/week and have a FT7 and burn at least 500 calories/day that i excersize= 2500 cal/wk.

It said maintenence was 1736/day, fat loss was 1389/day and extreme fat loss 1042/day.
The zig zag calculator said:
Fat Loss:
M-1389
T-1111
W-1667
TH-1389
F-1250
S-1528
SUN-1389

Now, my question is this...on monday I am supposed to eat 1389 cal that day, but I also workout and burn at least 500 calories. Do i now eat 1889 calories OR do i eat 1389 cal and then only net 889 cal which is "starvation mode?" On the 2 days i don't workout, I understand that i just eat what it says, its the 5 days/wk that i am working out that I'm confused on. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Look up a guy called newfiedan on here - he has advised a lot of people on zig-zag......
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Put the drop down option for your exercise (3 times or 5 times a week) and the calculator will change to reflect the increase in calories burned.
  • Emilycaldwell420
    Emilycaldwell420 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did do the drop down menu and did the 5x/week, but it didn't ask how many cals I burn when excersizing. It would mean that I would be netting under 1000 cal/ day on some days that i'm working out.For instance, monday it says to eat 1389 cal. Then I work out and burn 500 cal. My net is 889 cal that day which is like starvation mode.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I t tells you the net calories you should eat, so if you burn 500 cals on monday you should eat 1889 total calories = 1389 net calories
    edit 1: its easier to look it up in your homepage where says Goal Food Exercise = Net
    on monday it should look
    Goal Food Exercise = Net
    (......) 1889 -500 1389

edit 2: its just an answer to the total/net calories question, I don't know how effective or healthy the zig-zag method is
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Bump!