Help

Options
So I havent gained any weight yet but I'm falling of the waggon! It's like I have no self control... I've been eating about 700 calories more than I should be in a day.. I need motivation ASAP!!!! :s

Replies

• basky56
    basky56 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Here to support, no judgment.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Decide what is more important and what makes you feel better. Motivation is fleeting and cannot be given to anyone. You need to determine what your goals are and remind yourself of them daily.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If the problem is that you have a trigger food that you can’t enjoy without binging, get it out of the house. Throw it away or give it away, whatever you need to get rid of it.

If the problem is that you use up all your calories early in the day and then get hungry later, try pre-logging your food each day. Plan what you’re going to eat for the entire day and log it in advance. Weigh it out the night before if you’re packing a lunch.

Protein, fat, and/or fiber help many people feel full, so try eating more of those things to see if they help.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I would take a look at what you're eating. If it's a lot of high calorie refined food you might need to find bulkier things to eat. For example a glass of orange juice (8 oz.) is equal to 6 oranges. It's easy to drink that much juice but you're unlikely to eat 6 oranges.

One of the other things that can create a problem is too much refined carb in relation to your protein intake. Everyone is different but that's what happens to me. Generally adding more protein or upping my veggies gets me back on track.

If none of those things apply then my next question would be are you trying to lose too much weight too fast? Often people will find themselves heading for a binge when they do that. You may have to slow down your rate of loss to be able to live with the diet.

Those are my best guesses based on the information you provided. Hope some of it helps.
  • cemetree
    cemetree Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’m wondering i it’s not motivation, maybe you just need to eat foods that will keep you fuller longer and also you can bulk up a meal with many veggies that are low cal.
  • diez54
    diez54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    having trouble adding water to my daily diary. I've tried everything and it will not add or save. What I'm I doing wrong.