In need of some advice

Options
TattedBrex7
TattedBrex7 Posts: 3 Member
A week ago I stop drinking sugary drinks and alcohol I also stop eating chips bread pastas red meats but I feel more bloated. I dont have much time to exercise I have 5 month baby and 1 year old but I try to walk every day. I'm eating more healthier to try to lose some weight. I'm 5'1 175 lbs

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting started. I'm not sure what kind of advice you want. The best thing I can say is load your information in to get a calorie goal and stick with the goal it gives you. What you eat is up to you but to lose weight the most important thing is to eat less calories than you burn. You need to weigh all solids and log the calories. Many people think that if they are eating "healthy" they will lose weight but that is not always true. It is still possible to eat too many calories of healthy food. Eating healthy is good for you and exercise is good for you but the most important thing for weight loss is to eat less calories than you need to maintain the weight you are at. Read the stickies at the top of the catagories for more precise information.

As for bloating, that could be caused by many things and will likely pass as your body adjusts to the new diet and exercise. If it persists you may want to see your doctor. Good luck.
  • JB1775
    JB1775 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think your body may be adjusting. If you commonly ate/drank the items you cut out, it might "shock" your body. Just give it some time. I'm sure finding time to exercise is difficult or impossible with 5 month and 1 year old kids. I've seen a lot of women out walking or running with their kids in the stroller. That could be an option. Do you know how many calories you should be taking in? If not, this app, along with a number of websites, can tell you how many calories you need.
  • TattedBrex7
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Have you also introduced more foods with fiber? If so, that can cause a bloated feeling, but you will adjust. Sometimes people are told to increase fiber gradually to prevent that response.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Have you also introduced more foods with fiber? If so, that can cause a bloated feeling, but you will adjust. Sometimes people are told to increase fiber gradually to prevent that response.

Or even if you've continued with the same amount of fiber but have cut back substantially on non-fiberous foods, liquids, and/or fats -- if the same amount of fiber is a bigger percentage of your diet, it could also be causing a bloated feeling.

As @lemurcat2 says, you'll adjust. But you could try dialing back the fiber and then increasing gradually, or making sure you're getting plenty of liquid and sufficient fat.
  • TattedBrex7
    Options
    Noted thanks