If every day were like today...

Options
Has anybody ever tested this theory out?

For the next five weeks, I'm going to record my daily "If every day were like today..." weight & average them out at the end of the five weeks. I wonder how close it will actually be.

:tongue:

Replies

• maddie002
    Options
    Love it! Can't wait to see what you find out.
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    get back to us and let us know. i was recording mine but now i'm lacking a scale so i can't test it.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Has anybody ever tested this theory out?

For the next five weeks, I'm going to record my daily "If every day were like today..." weight & average them out at the end of the five weeks. I wonder how close it will actually be.

:tongue:

Great idea! The thought that popped in my mind is, "If every day were like today, I'd end up in a mental ward." Hope your's is better than mine today :wink:
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Mine always tells me I'll be 187 in 5 weeks. Lol. and ive yet to reach that. and I keep my calories around the same alot so no such luck
  • karatsd
    karatsd Posts: 35
    Options
    Twice now (before I Started with a fresh goal last week and put my ticker on 0), I got to the weight it said in three weeks, not five. And that actually motivated me more:) There were other times during plateaus that it was more like 8 weeks.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I write mine in my calendar every couple of weeks. So far it's been pretty good!
  • adventuring
    Options
    I've been doing the same thing, copying that bit down to my notes section every night, but it hasn't been five weeks yet so I'm not sure how it's panned out.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I tested it the first time I used MFP, I lost much more than what it said, (then gained all back), this time, the scale barely moves... and I'm losing much less than it tells me I'd lose.
    I guess that first time I lost quickly because it was the first time i worked out EVER...
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been keeping track of mine for a while now. If you are constantly loosing then it falls around the numbers that it predicted, but if you get stuck, then obviously you are not gonna be the weight it predicted you should have been 5 weeks earlier.
    Hope that makes sense. :smile:
    But i love to see the lower number and imagine that i could actually be that much lighter in just 5 weeks, so it is something that keeps me going.
  • degobah
    degobah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mine is never accurate. It usually says I will lose 20 lbs in the next 5 weeks. I have consistently lost 10 lbs a month (which would be about 12 lbs in 5 weeks).
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I started recording it at the beginning of June. On June 3rd, it said I would weigh 196.0 lbs in 5 weeks. Exactly 5 weeks later on July 8th, I hit 195.8. Which I thought was pretty impressive considering all days are NOT the same.
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just averaged out the past 25 days & I got 162.9... I'm at 169.0, so that's not even close. Boo MFP!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I think you also have to keep your weight updated for example if you gain back 3 on the scale and choose to not put it in then your prediction numbers will be off.

Shhh (don't ask why I know that)
  • BamaNation73
    Options
    @ SunLove8 lol!:laugh:
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know in 5 weeks, pffft... 162 lbs my *kitten*. I WISH.