Everywhere shrinks but lower belly

Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    22 pounds in 88 days is a loss of 1.75 pounds a week. Part of your impatience may stem from not eating enough food to keep yourself satisfied.

Nice catch, I didn't "run the numbers".

OP losing this fast will also lead to a loss of lean muscle, not just fat. Meaning at your current weight you are a higher BF% than you would have been had you lost slower, while lifting and getting enough protein.
  • Kales97
    Kales97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    22 pounds in 88 days is a loss of 1.75 pounds a week. Part of your impatience may stem from not eating enough food to keep yourself satisfied.
    I lose the first 5 lbs in 3 days. I’m sure this was just the release of toxins or whatever. I eat 1400 give or take every day and I do not feel starving :)

• Kales97
    Kales97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Mostly, I agree with others. You've made wonderful progress. You're within the range of normal appearance, but might want to continue losing a bit more weight given your goals.

In addition, though I hesitate to say this, and it may just be a side effect of how you're standing to get the side selfie, but in the photo you seem to have some (very common) posture issues that exaggerate the feature that's concerning you. I think you may have some anterior pelvic tilt/exaggerated lumbar curve, i.e. upper part of pelvic bones tilted slightly forward of neutral. Your upper body isn't visible, but a bit of shoulder slump can also emphasize the belly area further (and it's super common among those of us who use computers and cell phones a lot), and is often seen in combination with the pelvic tilt.

I don't mean to be picking on you, I'm truly trying to help you achieve your appearance goals. (Think of me as a sort of concerned old internet auntie who picks on you a little out of caring and concern, as I'm for sure old enough to be one.) :flowerforyou:

Thank you for commenting this. It’s not the first time I’ve been told this in comments! Both my maternal grandmother and my mother have this exaggerated curve in the back. I’ve also been to a chiropractor and I don’t any hip / back issues. But I agree, that posture could change how a belly sticks out. However I’m not sure if there is anything I could do about this? I don’t think it comes down to my posture, just the way my body is built (I assume)? Haha.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference and I'd say if you did a measurement before and after there'd be a pretty significant difference.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Lower belly is the real *kitten*. It truly is the last to go. I am at 9.2% bf, I still have 6 centimeters to go. because of my body type. MY dietitian calculated with her formulas that for me to see abszzzz, I need to go to 5.7%. Now, that sounds ridiculously low, but, I am putting on 1.2 pounds of muscle for every pound on fat I drop. So, My weight is actually the same or a bit higher. But, losing everywhere. So, do not lose faith. Stay consistent, stay in the game, and you will achieve the desired results. Just have a realistic timeline.

at 9.2% you wuld be ripped already, my profile pic is me at 11ish. and no way you are putting on 1.2 lbs of muscle for every lb you lose. you would need to be new to lifting and on gear to get those kinds of results. most people actually lose a little muscle as they cut, esp. once they are sub 12% BF% as there is less fat stores to pull from.

not saying your results are not impressive, the difference in your photos shows your work. just that the body takes like a month to add a lb of muscle in a surplus getting adequate protein, nutrition, etc. younger new to lifting men may be able to add 2lbs/month.

Either someone is vengeful, or they have no idea what the woo button is... I go woo'd 3 times for this post??
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Lower belly is the real *kitten*. It truly is the last to go. I am at 9.2% bf, I still have 6 centimeters to go. because of my body type. MY dietitian calculated with her formulas that for me to see abszzzz, I need to go to 5.7%. Now, that sounds ridiculously low, but, I am putting on 1.2 pounds of muscle for every pound on fat I drop. So, My weight is actually the same or a bit higher. But, losing everywhere. So, do not lose faith. Stay consistent, stay in the game, and you will achieve the desired results. Just have a realistic timeline.

at 9.2% you wuld be ripped already, my profile pic is me at 11ish. and no way you are putting on 1.2 lbs of muscle for every lb you lose. you would need to be new to lifting and on gear to get those kinds of results. most people actually lose a little muscle as they cut, esp. once they are sub 12% BF% as there is less fat stores to pull from.

not saying your results are not impressive, the difference in your photos shows your work. just that the body takes like a month to add a lb of muscle in a surplus getting adequate protein, nutrition, etc. younger new to lifting men may be able to add 2lbs/month.

Either someone is vengeful, or they have no idea what the woo button is... I go woo'd 3 times for this post??

Seems like there's been an explosion of false woos & flags lately. :(
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's been happening a lot lately. When it happens for me, it's usually because I emphasize lifting and talk about the benefits of preserving muscle during weight loss.

I think there are many that don't want to hear about the benefits of progressive overload strength training. For me, it was a game-changer (to use a cliché I really don't care for).