Losing fat everywhere but the stomach?

Options
So for a couple of months now I have been dieting quite strictly with very few stress-related binge days and a sufficient amount of exercise per week (about 150 minutes of cardio, plus abdominal and arm strength exercises) and I've been noticing loss of fat around my upper abdomen, legs and arms; overall essentially everywhere. However, the fat around my lower abs doesn't seem to be decreasing by that much, if at all, and the lack of fat elsewhere makes it appear more stark.
Has anyone else come across this issue? If so, do you have any suggestions or solutions?

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    See if anything here helps you at all - plenty of good advice. :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • jjironaddict
    jjironaddict Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can't target areas to lose fat from unfortunately, I find the stomach is the last place for fat to start to come off, genetics I'm afraid
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So for a couple of months now I have been dieting quite strictly with very few stress-related binge days and a sufficient amount of exercise per week (about 150 minutes of cardio, plus abdominal and arm strength exercises) and I've been noticing loss of fat around my upper abdomen, legs and arms; overall essentially everywhere. However, the fat around my lower abs doesn't seem to be decreasing by that much, if at all, and the lack of fat elsewhere makes it appear more stark.
    Has anyone else come across this issue? If so, do you have any suggestions or solutions?

Yup, many many many people are in the same boat. Options are continue to lose weight, or recomp your body ( build muscle) Fat leaves where it chooses to leave from. Building muscle around the area will help hide it, but it won't leave until you lose the weight.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    If you do a search of this board you will find hundreds and hundreds of posts from people who are going through the same thing. Unfortunately, we cannot choose where our body loses weight and for many of use, the stomach is last. As weight loss continues, your body will start to take it from where ever there is fat left, so eventually it will start to come off from your stomach. It will just take more time.