Trying one last time

Options
As you may infer from my user name (jrh_this_better_work), this isn't my first diet rodeo. Man, do I ever hope it is the last one!

In the past, I have been successful for a time. In fact, about 4 years ago I was very successful using MFP and lost about 75lbs! Unfortunately, and due to nothing other than letting it go, I've put back on nearly 40 of those pounds. In my previous attempt, I got all the way down to size 8 jeans in some brands and just recently had to buy a pair of size 14 shorts. NO! It stops here!

My goal is to be consistent in logging, and that's pretty much it. I want to log the good, the bad, and the ugly, although I'm hoping there is more of the former and less of the latter :smile: I'm not following any particular diet ideology beyond eating less and moving more. That's what worked last time. Who knows if it will work this time, but I'm planning for it to work and to continue as I start.

Yesterday I logged! Yesterday I exercised! Yesterday I was 80 calories over my goal but still accounted for everything! Today is going well so far, and I'm hoping for the same tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

Anyone want to walk off into the future of a healthy life with me?

Replies