low carb bread

Options
judswi
judswi Posts: 73 Member
What is the best low carb bread in store?

Replies

• dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sprouted grain ones. EZEKIEL 4:9 is one possible choice
  • judswi
    Options
    Thank you!
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    if you like tortillas, mission carb balance tortillas are pretty awesome. 5 net carbs.
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I’ll second Ezekiel. I find it rather tasty as well..
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I ordered Sola bread from Amazon. It was by far the best low carb bread I've had. But it is pricey.
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel is supposedly the healthiest but it’s expensive and my kids don’t care for it. I’m not paying $5 a loaf. I’ve been buying the Natures Own Lite honey wheat which Walmart sells and it’s 40 cal a slice and has fiber and only 9g carbs or so per slice before fiber.

8dqv32lac8c7.png
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The 647 Bread is good. About 40 calories per slice, 13g of carbs and 7 grams of fiber. Agreed on the mission carb balance, those are great.
  • judswi
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    You can lower the carb content in bread by converting carbs to resistant starch which is digested more like fibre. For bread this is done by freezing and then toasting from frozen.
    https://www.nutrition.org.uk/nutritionscience/nutrients-food-and-ingredients/resistant-starch.html

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear, this doesn't change carb content of the bread itself, but reduces digestibility of the carbs so your body absorbs less.
  • niccofive
    niccofive Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like Sola bread. It is sold at Harris Teeter or Kroger if you have those where you live. It is in the freezer section. Sola also makes an AMAZING low carb vanilla almond granola. Just fantastic. Finally my years of not having granola are over!