I'd like to hear how you keep on track.

Options
I tried this a couple of times now, but I keep on forgetting to note my calories. What strategies or tips can you recommend?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It depends on you and your own situation. If you have a smartphone, download the app. You can log food and exercise pretty much on the go. If you don't, and have only occasional access to a computer, use a little note-book or some sheet of paper to record your 'what' and 'how much'.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Something I would add is, don't get stopped because you aren't yet in the habit of noting your all your calories and logging them in MFP. Give yourself time to develop a habit. Don't be afraid to break it down if you need to. So you could start with focusing on logging breakfast, and then add on to that once you are solid at breakfast.
  • jenpettipas
    jenpettipas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Using the barcode scanner is a life saver, makes logging so much easier. Saving meals that I eat often helps too. Lastly, logging as soon as I eat, and everything I eat. Even when it's unhealthy food or I go way over.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I log everything before breakfast. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert. Then I just make minor changes if something unexpected is consumed.