Noom

Options
slgibbs1987
slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
Has anyone tried this program and had success with it? My trial is about to end and I was just wanting to hear some opinions from others.

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I saw a thread about this somewhere - put it into the thread search and see if you have any luck. Not sure what I read was entirely positive but I may have remembered wrong
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Most people who have come here from Noom felt that it wasn't worth it which is why they gave up their subscription and use MFP instead. But obviously that may not be a representative sample of everyone who uses it so you may want to see over on their forums who has been having success with it.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I hated Noom. The database didn’t have very much in it so it took so much more effort than MFP to log my food, and the “coaching” was very superficial and not well tailored to my individual needs. I find more knowledgeable people in the MFP forums. After I was here for a while I learned who the truly knowledgeable people were and took everyone else’s input with a grain of salt.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Noom had good insights and helped me evaluate a few things but ultimately the pace was impossible to keep up with. Integrating a new insight or habit every day adds up without time to actually integrate or reflect. It became a chore and more stressful than it was worth. A personalized pace would benefit it tremendously.
  • msdelgrosso18
    msdelgrosso18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did Noom for 3 plus months and lost 22 lbs. I l loved the program and would recommend it. Yes it's expensive but I thought it was well worth the money.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, I tried the little quiz that popped up in one of their mobile ads. I got to these two questions and noped out of there:

v13ma15nt19x.png
    mi5nlwo8dcyj.png

• kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 3rd week of Noom (completed the 2 week free trial and signed up for $19 a month with no commitment). I love the program. So far I'm down 16.6 lbs and am learning a lot about myself and my relationship with food. I would recommend it to others in a heartbeat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!