What is eating clean?

Options
I notice alot of people mentioning eating clean, what exactly does it mean?

Replies

• BreakingOldHabits
    BreakingOldHabits Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Basically, they followed their diet..
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is eating all natural foods, and staying from anything processed
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    Rinsing their mouths out with Listerine and carefully, CAREFULLY washing their utensils before and after devouring a meal. JK.
    Eating healthily, cutting out the junk food.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    Rinsing their mouths out with Listerine and carefully, CAREFULLY washing their utensils before and after devouring a meal. JK.
    Eating healthily, cutting out the junk food.

lol ok.. then I need to do that
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It generally means eating food as close to its natural state as possible. That means avoiding processed food and artificial ingredients whenever you can. This usually translates into avoiding boxed, canned, pre-made foods like mac and cheese, Hamburger Helper, etc. When you read the label, it should have as few ingredients as possible, and they should be familiar and not chemical-laden junk, such as tomatoes and water in a can of diced tomatoes.

Many people take this to the next level and try to eat only grass-fed beef and organic produce. The closer to nature your food is, the cleaner it is. Hope this helps.
  • caroln3
    Options
    It generally means eating food as close to its natural state as possible. That means avoiding processed food and artificial ingredients whenever you can. This usually translates into avoiding boxed, canned, pre-made foods like mac and cheese, Hamburger Helper, etc. When you read the label, it should have as few ingredients as possible, and they should be familiar and not chemical-laden junk, such as tomatoes and water in a can of diced tomatoes.

Many people take this to the next level and try to eat only grass-fed beef and organic produce. The closer to nature your food is, the cleaner it is. Hope this helps.

this is helpful thanks!
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The closer to nature your food is, the cleaner it is.

So the more dirt it has on it the cleaner it is :laugh:

Bad joke - I know - but I couldn't resist, hope you all can forgive me
  • caroln3
    Options
    The closer to nature your food is, the cleaner it is.

So the more dirt it has on it the cleaner it is :laugh:

Bad joke - I know - but I couldn't resist, hope you all can forgive me

ironic but true lol that's why my dad used to let me eat dirt when I was little he said it would make me healthy :embarassed: