Positive Affirmation

Options
2»

Replies

• askeeney
    askeeney Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I can believe in myself today. After all I did believe in Santa for the first 14 years of my life.

I believe in you everyday.

💗if you can’t see, that is my reverberating love I’m sending to you.
  • askeeney
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    askeeney wrote: »
    I guess I'm nobody

It was honestly like an hour I was waiting. I need constant entertainment. I recently discovered I am in the cusp of being a ‘millennial’. I apologize if my blatant disregard of your sincere thoughts and feelings made you uncomfortable. I will work harder to think of others before myself.

Affirmation: I am enough.

What year - millennial cut off is 79 right - you really are enough - I mean you like 90’s gangsta rap and referenced no Vaseline- so I say a millennial you are not my friend - how’s that for affirmation!

It is amazing. I started this thread with anger in my heart. Believing that if I only put positivity into the world I would receive it back. And I have. Thank you @Cowsfan1.

Affirmation: I believe in myself and my ability to succeed.
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    This thread has figuratively brightened up my day. I really needed these positive vibes after the rough morning I had.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I can believe in myself today. After all I did believe in Santa for the first 14 years of my life.

Why did you stop believing?

I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause under the mistletoe.

Also, a day without any problems is a sign that you’re travelling on the wrong path.

“Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
  • askeeney
    edited May 2019
    Options
    This thread has figuratively brightened up my day. I really needed these positive vibes after the rough morning I had.

Little, may I call you little? Little, it is my firm believe that without sarcasms and mediocre will for the fellow man. A great day is to be had by one and all!
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    @askeeney 👏 so much affirmation happening in this place - to you I say , Well Done
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    Options
    @askeeney 👏 so much affirmation happening in this place - to you I say , Well Done

Yes, indeed, you may refer to me by Little, Mrs. Askeeney. I too share your beliefs regarding sarcasm and do declare the world a better place without it. May we all share this great day together!
  • askeeney
    Options
    Now to post my LBD selfie in flirty friends so your loins we be ablaze and my work here today is complete. You’re welcome in advance.
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    Options
    Now to post my LBD selfie in flirty friends so your loins we be ablaze and my work here today is complete. You’re welcome in advance.

Your thanked in advance my lady.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

It's "farty friends" and I'll believe that til I land in the grave
  • Cowsfan1
    Options

On my way!
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I’m a big believer in the power of how we speak to ourselves and have been using affirmations for going on 10 years. I also use them with my patients. And fully back up that they work, even if in the beginning you feel redonkulous speaking to yourself in the mirror.

I used to be someone who truly hated herself. I had very little belief in myself. I felt ugly and useless, I could never do anything right, I was never good enough. I envied other women from the very saddest parts of me and I could never measure up. Now I look myself in the mirror everyday and tell myself I am worthy and beautiful, that I can achieve great things. And I know it sounds silly to an outsider looking in but it works. It really really works.

Another thing that I recommend is starting your day asking yourself, who do you want to be? Some word it about how you want to be remembered. I typically write separate ones as a mother and partner things like, honest, loving, safe, supportive. As a person/friend kind, optimistic, grateful. And career oriented ones, attentive, hard working, safe, passionate. It sets the day on the right tones. And just puts that little spark, like “hey girl, this is who you are, and you got this, you got all of this”.
  • askeeney
    Options
    I used to be someone who truly hated herself. I have very little belief in myself. I felt ugly and useless, I could never do anything right, I was never good enough. I envied other women from the very saddest parts of me and I could never measure up. Now I look myself in the mirror everyday and tell myself I am worthy and beautiful, that I can achieve great things. And I know it sounds silly to an outsider looking in but it works. It really really works.

This ^ thank you 🙏
  • Cowsfan1
    Options
    I’m a big believer in the power of how we speak to ourselves and have been using affirmations for going on 10 years. I also use them with my patients. And fully back up that they work, even if in the beginning you feel redonkulous speaking to yourself in the mirror.

I used to be someone who truly hated herself. I had very little belief in myself. I felt ugly and useless, I could never do anything right, I was never good enough. I envied other women from the very saddest parts of me and I could never measure up. Now I look myself in the mirror everyday and tell myself I am worthy and beautiful, that I can achieve great things. And I know it sounds silly to an outsider looking in but it works. It really really works.

Another thing that I recommend is starting your day asking yourself, who do you want to be? Some word it about how you want to be remembered. I typically write separate ones as a mother and partner things like, honest, loving, safe, supportive. As a person/friend kind, optimistic, grateful. And career oriented ones, attentive, hard working, safe, passionate. It sets the day on the right tones. And just puts that little spark, like “hey girl, this is who you are, and you got this, you got all of this”.

Not normally a hugger but hugged the chit outta this - my mom used to have taped on our 1 bathroom when I was a teenager- “ I believe I love myself, share the experience “ lol my friends gave me so much chit about it - your post reminded me of it - so thanks
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Not normally a hugger but hugged the chit outta this - my mom used to have taped on our 1 bathroom when I was a teenager- “ I believe I love myself, share the experience “ lol my friends gave me so much chit about it - your post reminded me of it - so thanks

I’m glad it brought back a happy memory, and your Mum sounds like a lovely woman :)
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

Why did you stop believing?

I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause under the mistletoe.

Also, a day without any problems is a sign that you’re travelling on the wrong path.

“Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”

For me it was when it was when I left some mince pies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer; he left a thank you note.....in my grandma's handwriting.

I think I was more annoyed at the laziness...get someone to write the note whose handwriting I didn't know.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    asi3cdl6hhu7.png

And now I have Skeletor voice in my head, thanks :p:D