I don’t know what is the cause

Options
So basically I have my fitness pal on lose 2lb a week. Now I have been the exact same weight for 3 or 4 days in a row. It’s not gone down not even by 0.1lb, it’s not gone up either. can anyone make any sense out of this?

Replies

• leebirm
    leebirm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you actually start? I know you say 'for the last week" but was you doing anything before that?

If not just keep at it, it will come.

The standard answer will be to weigh every single thing you eat to make sure you aren't accidentally going over your daily calorie count.

Stick with it
  • rexasaye
    rexasaye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m defo not over my daily limit, I log everything even drink. I had about 600 calories each day this week as I’ve not been that hungry. I’ve never ran into this before and I’ve been doing this 4 months so I’m not even eating enough to maintain a weight. So I don’t really know why this is.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more than 600 calories but weight loss isn't linear and steady.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you really need to eat more than 600 calories. Keep this up for an extended period and you're looking at a ton of medical problems.

Secondly, weight fluctuates day to day. If you're weighing daily for trend purposes, fine, but you'll do your head in if you're freaking out over a static number over a few days.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little? Are you under a doctor's care?

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    wieght loss isn't linear... could be retaining water for a number of reasons (sodium, exercise, TOM), food in your system. don't worry about daily fluctuations it is the trend over 3-4 weeks that matters.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options

This. But, for real, this... for real (actually take a few minutes to read the article... and definitely eat at least 1200 cals/day... for real).
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Weight loss is definitely not linear, here's a graph of me weighing myself daily for a little over 80 days. You'll notice that like you I once in a while had a few days in a row where I lost nothing, just hang in there. But you do have to eat more, weigh all your food on a food scale, make sure the entries you choose are accurate, and make sure you at the very least get the minimum 1200 for women 1500 for men.

ycs57mjn71i9.png