Best way to get rid of abdominal fat?

Options
Hey!

So I started on my weight loss journey about 3 weeks ago, and so far have lost 26 lbs. I carry a lot of my weight in my abdomen, and I noticed that I'm losing the weight in my face and chest more so than any where else. I eat okay and I run 6 days a week. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tip on losing the abdominal fat? It's so disheartening to be able to see my collar bones, but my pants size has yet to change! Thanks so much every one :)

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can not spot lose fat. Your body will burn the fat from where it wants to burn it from - and nothing you do will change that.

Keep going. Eventually, your body will be left with NO choice but to burn it from your abdomen (but, it DOES take quite a long time!).

Good Luck!
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Did I read that right? You started your weight loss journey three weeks ago and you've already lost 26lbs?? I want your secret! LOL!
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    You have to lose your over all body fat % and your abdominal fat will go down. Even if that is the last place/slowest for you to lose weight at..... for me its my thighs!! Us as women have weird fat distribution.....the only thing you can do is keep going at it. Do strength training exercises, as well as cardio for maximum benefits.
  • NicoleWong1988
    NicoleWong1988 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Did I read that right? You started your weight loss journey three weeks ago and you've already lost 26lbs?? I want your secret! LOL!

I know, I can't believe it. I'm vegetarian turning vegan so I don't really eat any animal bi-products (like eggs, milk etc) and I run six days a week. My weakness is sugar though! I can't seem to get enough...
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can not spot lose fat. Your body will burn the fat from where it wants to burn it from - and nothing you do will change that.

Keep going. Eventually, your body will be left with NO choice but to burn it from your abdomen (but, it DOES take quite a long time!).

Good Luck!
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    When doing cardio do some high intensity intervals. Working your core (front and back). Make sure you're eating clean.

Abs are made in the kitchen, not at the gym.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I am the same way! I have lost the wiehgt, but my belly is where my fat tends to build the most! It seemed like no matter how hard I tried, the belly fat just stays there! My waiste is getting smaller, but the bulge just won't go away! I'm currently 2 1/2 weeks into Insanity, so I'm hoping this will do the trick! Good luck, and keep up the good work!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Studies have found that increasing the intake of soluble fiber helps to eliminate the visceral fat that is stored in the abdomen over time. The studies I've read increased by about 10g per day.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I have the same issue but I have not lost as much weight as you barely about 10 lbs in 2 months. I really want to get rid of the ab fat, I have 3 tires and no thighs or butt.
  • RunningDragon
    Options
    Just do abs. Cruches, leg lifts, etc.
  • mldunne1978
    Options
    How much salt are you eating? Processed foods like frozen meals, soups, or boxed products will make you hold water. Also if your digestive system is backed up it will display itself in your belly. If you go a couple days just eating protein and green vegies with water or green tea, you'll see if a difference. If you see a BIG difference you'll know you've found your problem. My doctor also told me I may be sensitive to Gluten so I may try limiting that in general. Sensitivities can cause bloating that is not real weight but definitely appears that way. Hope this helps
  • NicoleWong1988
    NicoleWong1988 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How much salt are you eating? Processed foods like frozen meals, soups, or boxed products will make you hold water. Also if your digestive system is backed up it will display itself in your belly. If you go a couple days just eating protein and green vegies with water or green tea, you'll see if a difference. If you see a BIG difference you'll know you've found your problem. My doctor also told me I may be sensitive to Gluten so I may try limiting that in general. Sensitivities can cause bloating that is not real weight but definitely appears that way. Hope this helps

Huh, I never thought of that. My diet is very high in veggies and some fruits. I also eat either oatmeal or fibre one for breakfast, but I've noticed I'm not getting enough water. I need to increase my uptake.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio!!!! I have the same problem, I've been doing lot of JIllian Michaels and Billy Blanks ab work and cardio. Its been helping my waist has gone down alot but mine is just loos skin thats just there ugh..........it will go away but it will take time!!!!!! Keep it up because I am too.....good luck
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue but I have not lost as much weight as you barely about 10 lbs in 2 months. I really want to get rid of the ab fat, I have 3 tires and no thighs or butt.
    haha me too, big gut and boobs and no but and legs. soooooooo not easy finding pants to fit
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try the 30 Day Shred. I've done 10 days on level 1 and am on day 2 of level 2. So far I've lose 2 inches around my waist!
  • Kaycurrier
    Kaycurrier Posts: 231
    Options
    I don't know if this helps or if anyone has even heard of it before but when my brother was trying to lose weight to go into the military he was left with a bunch of skin from losing it too fast, the fat was gone but he still had cellulite. He was told to put a thick layer of cream or lotion on and then wrap his stomach with saran wrap, kinda like a body wrap they do at the spas? But cheaper. I did it last night but I didn't use lotion I figure it would be too messy. I slept like that all day, I guess it is meant to draw water from your cellulite and shrink it, make sure you drink tons of water before and after so that you store water in your healthy areas and you don't deplete yourself. Hope this helps, it doesn't burn fat but it does take inches off literally overnight, i lost about 4 inches last night, don't wrap your whole body, just mid section, it can be very dangerous if your skin is not getting oxygen