Projected weight going up

Options
kellyswimmer
kellyswimmer Posts: 582 Member
Hi all

Why is my projected weight going up. I am never going over my 1200 calories. Sbouls be lossing 2 pounds a week but in 5 weeks it is saying i will be 4 pounds lighter. Confused.

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Projected weight is not very useful - many people ignore it. It won't even project a weight if you don't close your diary each day.

My Fitness Pal doesn't recommend less than 1200 calories per day, but you might need fewer than 2200 calories per day to maintain (you don't have much to lose, or you aren't very active) so you can't cut 1000 calories per day safely to create enough of a deficit to lose 2 lbs. per week. Instead, consider that a safe weight loss number to shoot for is 0.5 to 1 percent of your body weight per week. So, if you weighed 150 lbs. you could safely lose between 0.75 lbs and 1.5 lbs. Not 2.

• kellyswimmer
    Options
    I am worried to increase calories because apart from first week i have not lost weight.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I am worried to increase calories because apart from first week i have not lost weight.

a79g4kpsfqa5.png
  • sorchestra
    sorchestra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Agreed with autumnblade, give it time. My first week I dropped water weight, and then it held steady as my body caught up with my diet. I'm almost three months in with 23 lbs down, and I'm only doing a 500 calorie deficit. You will get where you're going in time. I also had to buy the scale and accurately measure things, because, as it turns out, I cannot eyeball serving sizes.
    Good luck, and keep up the healthier lifestyle!
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't think there are many people here who trust the projected weight anyhow. I haven't found it to be very accurate (as much as I would like for it to be sometimes) You would literally have to do the same calories and activity every day for that to be accurate, so some days when I exercise more my projected weight is AMAZING, other days when I eat a little more and don't exercise as much it will differ by 4-5 pounds
  • sheloves89
    sheloves89 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else on this thread.

Your projected weight in 5 weeks isn't going up - it's still lower than what you weigh now. That's a success!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    most likely 1200 cals is only a 400 cal deficit for you (0.8 lbs/week) in other words you picked 2 lbs/week, but due to your stats you will not lose that fast. MFP has a floor of 1200 cals, and should not go under 1200 net.

How much do you have to lose?
    how tall are you?
    how much do you weigh now?
  • kellyswimmer
    Options
    I have about 2 stone to lose. I am 5 feet 3 and weigh 12.2 stone.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I have about 2 stone to lose. I am 5 feet 3 and weigh 12.2 stone.

With that much to lose, you should be aiming for no more than 1lb per week anyway. Change your goal to 1lb/week and see how man cals you get
  • kellyswimmer
    Options
    I have changed to 1 pound a week and calories are still 1200. Maybe because i am not very active. Work from home and sat at desk mosy of the day.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have changed to 1 pound a week and calories are still 1200. Maybe because i am not very active. Work from home and sat at desk mosy of the day.

Then continue with the 1200 and give it time. Work on increasing your activity level. Try getting up from your desk every hour or taking breaks to get some exercise even if it's just a short walk.
  • kellyswimmer
    Options
    I do walk quite a bit with the dogs. I add that to the exercise bit.
  • kellyswimmer
    Options
    Weighed myself this morning. Lost a pound which i am well happy about. Bmi 29.8 so now overweight not obese which is also a good feeling.