I owe everyone an apology.

Options
i used to think people who did stuff like this (this being the whole counting calories, having a fitness blog, etc...) were neurotic and time wasting.

no offense meant.

i just thought i could be doing something more fun then worrying over this stuff. like video games or surfing the internet.

ya.

now i know I've just been being really, really lazy.

and since i can no longer pull that nonsense since I'm joining the coolest job ever (Marines ftw!!!), this now humbled newb comes before you all hopefully asking for tips and tricks of the trade.

my goal in life is to be a bamf. that is all.

ps. kudos to everyone whos been doing this. youve all just become my role models
(pps. thanks for reading!)

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i forgive you.....=)
    i will add you so i can support you in your journey
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    whats a bamf lol. feel free to add me :)
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I used to think that, too. That people should be able to control their weight just by making healthier choices and exercising more. Now, I realize it takes whatever it takes. If counting calories if what it takes to get control, than that is a good thing!
  • Rockin23
    Rockin23 Posts: 59
    Options
    Apology accepted! =) wooooo!!! Marines!!!! I'm a Marine gf, good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as well. =)
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Yep, that kind of summarises my change of direction too. Welcome!
  • imabsif
    imabsif Posts: 4
    Options

a b.a.m.f. or bada$$motherf***** is the technical term for someone who is freaking AWESOME.

It is a lofty goal and hard to obtain, but i think it will be fun to try and acheive it. :D
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Don't worry you are not alone. I was also like that before but my case I learned everything including being fit the hard way. Keep it up & I know you can do it!
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options

a b.a.m.f. or bada$$motherf***** is the technical term for someone who is freaking AWESOME.

It is a lofty goal and hard to obtain, but i think it will be fun to try and acheive it. :D

hahaha silly me , i was thinking it was some abbrieviation for something in the marines lmao. :/ im getting old lol
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    "bamf" is the sound Nightcrawler makes when he teleports. I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    ps. kudos to everyone whos been doing this. youve all just become my role models
    (pps. thanks for reading!)
    I'm glad you've decided to make us your role models, compared to that basket of breads on the table...

("roll" models)

(yes, Hooked on Phonics worked for me too!)