Have over 100 pounds to lose

Options
Yes I have Over 100 pounds to lose who else has or wants too??

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I lost more than 70 pounds with MFP - You've got this! Welcome to MFP!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Lenard Stark "Cpt Cold" :
    Make the plan.
    Execute the plan.
    Expect the plan to go off the rails.
    Throw away the plan"
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes I have Over 100 pounds to lose who else has or wants too??

I started two weeks ago and I actually need to drop about 125!! I’m always here to chat and I wish you nothing but the best. My wife and I are doing Atkins. I am down 16.5 pounds in just over two weeks, and starting to feel great!! Feel free to add me as a friend so that we can communicate!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs. The MFP tool and the community here have been very useful.

If you'd like a group of friends and some structure for accountability, I'm a member of an MFP group that is wonderfully supportive. It's a monthly team weight loss challenge (the goal being for all of us to win!). If you join, you get assigned to one of several teams, and your weigh-ins would start counting for the team in June. There are optional daily check-ins -- very helpful when you use them, as you check in on how you are doing on your plan for yourself as regards food, water, exercise, plus any other health goals you had for the day. Weigh-in is weekly on whatever day you choose. People on the teams share challenges, victories, ideas and generally cheer each other on. Join the group, if this sounds appealing!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10743634/june-2019-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group-registration-page
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm at 270 at 5'8. I would love to get down to 170-150 range
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    From my highest weight to my current weight, I have lost 117 pounds. I've come a LONG way but I still have some work to do. It is absolutely possible but it does take time, strength, and motivation! Best of luck to you, if you are looking for support feel free to add me.
  • lifestyle2013
    lifestyle2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I need to lose 100 pounds. Having two babies within 3 years, working full time, and life’s hurdles, I have put myself on the back burner. It’s time to take control!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,048 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    When I started I had 122 lbs to lose....I have lost 23 lbs.....WE GOT THIS!!! :) Anyone is welcome to add me ....I love to support/motivate anyone on their journey :)
  • OhioViking79
    OhioViking79 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have roughly 120 pounds to loose, and just got back on the wagon two days ago! Feel free to add me if you'd like - we can overcome :smiley:
  • lazygirlweightloss19
    lazygirlweightloss19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In the same boat as you. I have over 100lbs to lose. Feel free to add. I am new to MFP.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, We are on the same boat. All the best!! Feel free to add me :)
  • knarfy214
    knarfy214 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have around 150 lbs to lose. Starting on 6/1
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've dropped over 100 since last July. I still have a ways to go. Best advice: login to the app or website daily, track everything you can since CICO matters, and stick to whatever way of eating you find works best for you long term. If you have a bad day, just grind through it and get to the next.

Good luck and I hope you find what works for you! Luckily in your area, there's no shortage of sports, gyms, clubs, parks, and so on. Even if it's playing disc downtown, every bit of activity helps. But strictly calorie counting can see major results.
  • kaymarie35
    kaymarie35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • dianeauman9614
    dianeauman9614 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped and started and stopped, not sure how this time is going to go but I do know the key is to log my food daily so that is my first goal. Log my food everyday for the next 30 days, no matter what I eat! If I eat it I enter it.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped and started and stopped, not sure how this time is going to go but I do know the key is to log my food daily so that is my first goal. Log my food everyday for the next 30 days, no matter what I eat! If I eat it I enter it.

Even if you don't always get all your food logged, log what you can but most importantly, log in! Getting used to using the app and/or website is key. It's sad to see how many people get motivated, go at it for a day, and leave. The hardest part if logging in everyday, and we can all do that for the most part. Just speaking from experience, login to the app whether you're doing well or not, whether you're logging or not, whether you are losing or not.

Good luck to everyone that is trying! I hope OP comes back and finds something that works.