Stats
Started 2 weeks ago
Wt. 301
Age. 64
Ht . 5’4”
Very limited mobility
5/20/19. 300.6 lbs
Very slow wt loss. On multiple meds that cause weight gain.
I have tried this App before and gave up due to my slow loss.
My doctor put this App on my phone and told me to decrease my current intake of calories by 500 calories and I would lose weight Hahaha. I decreased by 1,500 calories per day to 1,200 calories per day. I am discouraged and probably won’t be able to find this thread again. But, has anyone else been in my shoes?

Replies

• browneyedbelle92
    browneyedbelle92 Posts: 37 Member
    I’m sure there are some people on here who have

Bump
  • mountainjohnsons7780
    mountainjohnsons7780 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. It can be frustrating in the beginning but the time is going to pass anyway - do you want it to pass and think about what you could have done in hindsight to get toward your goal, or do you want it to pass making small steps that'll translate to bigger progress? Let's say starting in June you were to consistently lose at least 5lbs a month. Doesn't sound like much on the onset, sure. But by year's end you'd be 35lbs lighter. In a year you'd be 60lbs lighter. Possibly more, at your current weight you could manage a 2lb/week loss for a few months at least. Use the food scale, weigh everything you eat, track consistently and watch the weight come down consistently.
  • Lenala13
    Lenala13 Posts: 152 Member
    I know it's hard, I've been there. Tried this a few years ago, stuck to 1200...made some progress (I think 25lb lost or so), but stopped checking in, life got busy again, went back to my old habits, and gained it all back.
    This time, I'm trying to be smarter about it and making little changes that are sustainable. Every change I make, I try to ask myself...is this something I can do for the rest of my life, no matter how busy I get or how bad it gets. Just gotta keep piling on those little changes and hoping that they become habit again. I also have to remind myself not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Just because I have a bad day or week and don't meet my goals, doesn't mean that the entire week/month is scrapped. Consistency and small steps that can be maintained is my goal. I'm hoping with that, it'll stick this time.
  • mountainjohnsons7780
    mountainjohnsons7780 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you all so much. Wow, 2 things really stood out.
    Time will pass anyway, might as well make small progress which adds up
    Make small sustainable changes
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Don’t give up! I have been on her 6 years and have only lost 32 pounds but it’s 32 pounds I would have gained if I had quit. I log every BLT( nite, lick and taste) that goes in my mouth. Please keep trying. I am also disabled and limited in my exercise.