Is it worth it getting a Fitbit?

Options
Are fitbits worth the money? I want to track my exercise and see progress. Do they work well.
If so which one is best to get?

Replies

• thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I like having a fitness tracker because I'm a numbers geek and it motivates me. Not a huge Fitbit fan though, I should have gone with Garmin
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I like my versa, but I primarily use it to track steps, miles, and sleep.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I like my Garmin a lot. It tracks but also reminds me to move if I'm still too long.
  • HelloKittyFan1998
    HelloKittyFan1998 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit, If you like setting goals for yourself I think they have challenges on the app to do so.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit versa :)
  • cangel7
    cangel7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I absolutely think getting a fitness tracker is worth it. Just find something that fits your needs/wants. Both my Fitbits croaked in some form as did some friends' so I am not a huge fan
  • ducttapebowtie
    ducttapebowtie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really like my fitbit. It was a gift two Christmases ago, and it's super useful for keeping track of my steps during the day (I work on my feet) and tracking my sleep. I've even taken showers without remembering to taking it out and been stuck in the rain with it, and it's still kickin. (Not sure if it's actually marketed to be water resistant, so grain of salt with that one lol)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My wife got one. The band broke after a few weeks.
    I attempted to buy a better band from Best Buy.
    The order was rejected.
    My wife has a fitbit.
    It sits in a drawer.
    No.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit charge 3! It shows my texts and buzzes when I'm getting a phone call too. But best is the calorie burn tracking syncing into myfitnesspal.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge 3 that has given me nothing but trouble. Fitbit admitted it was faulty and sent me a replacement that was just the same. Would sync for a few days then would not find the tracker unless I wiped all the data. Very frustrating and annoying. I love it when it works with the APP but this is rare.

Having said that I love the function as it works fine on my wrist just the syncing issues that gave me problems. If you go to the fitbit forums you will find an awful lot of customers very unhappy with this bit of kit due to the syncing issues. So be aware that you may have the same issues.

When these trackers work they are very good and give you a lot of incentive to get up and move more so I would not advise you NOT to get one but do your research on which type is the most reliable.

Fitbit have an issue with the charge 3 that I don't believe has been resolved yet.
  • keenest37
    keenest37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love it. It really motivates me.
  • Solace1977
    Solace1977 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I’ve an ionic and have been in the Fitbit fam for a number of years. It’s great for all sorts of tracking overtime.
    You can set up personal exercises and track HR, weight, sleep, steps etc
  • melmoon90
    melmoon90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone! Will do my research and see which is best for me, as I do want to motivate myself lol
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Alta for 2 + years; loved it. I linked it to Fitnesspal and it kept me on track. I recently purchased the Apple Watch and I love it also.

I would recommend purchasing one of the lower cost Fitbits such as the Fitbit Alta HR. The price is approximately $169 Canadian $. After a while; you could upgrade to a pricier model such as the Versa.
  • luaP852350
    luaP852350 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've got a charge 3 and not had many issues apart from the initial syncing to MFP 👍
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit Ionic (had the Charge HR and something else that I forget now). I'm a numbers person and it really motivates me. I also like filling in all my circles at the end of the day and watching it flash green.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    When they first started becoming popular, I used to think a fitness tracker wasn't for me, but finally decided to try a fitbit. I've now used a fitbit for years and love them!

I started with a charge. The band was poorly designed and I had to replace my first one twice (the band was not interchangeable, but I bought it from REI so was able to exchange it for free). After that, no problems. Then I went with the Alta, which was a more professional looking tracker, in my opinion. Then I got the Alta HR. I just recently bought the Versa Lite.

Fitbit discontinued the Alta and now has the Inspire, with and without HR, which is very reasonably priced for either model. I don't know if it's known for any glitches. I do know the Charge 3 has a lot of issues.

While there are MFP syncing issues from time to time, that's MFP's issue, not fitbit's, and while it's annoying, it doesn't ultimately interfere with my use of fitbit because I've been using it for so many years that I generally know how much I can eat based on my activity level.

It really depends on the person. I've found it very useful, and accurate, for tracking my activity and making me aware of when I'm more sedentary than I want to be. When I changed jobs about a year ago, sadly I became much more sedentary. So it's even more useful now that I have to be more deliberate about getting in activity.
  • alondrakar
    alondrakar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I prefer my Polar 360 watch! I never really cared for fitbits.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I've had a flex since 2014 that still works great! Hubs uses it cuz he likes being able to just throw it in his pocket and I use the Alta hr,I'm pretty sure I'll just stick with this model or something similar cuz I'm not into that "smartwatch" look that the upgraded ones have
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    My wife got one. The band broke after a few weeks.
    I attempted to buy a better band from Best Buy.
    The order was rejected.
    My wife has a fitbit.
    It sits in a drawer.
    No.

Amazon sell good replacements, I got a pack of 10 in different colours so I can coordinate with what ever outfit I am wearing.