How do you start your day?

Options
I’m up and am off for a cycle to the gym what you up to?

Replies

• asfvbbbhbhh
    asfvbbbhbhh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow that’s impressive!
    I usually stay in bed for another hour and read
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    I've got it down to 35 minutes from rolling out of bed to running for the bus.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    I drink a pot of coffee, eat breakfast, then walk the dog.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    In the winter I'm only up the one morning at 5am to start training at 6am.
    During the summer though I have PT sessions at 6am 3 days a week, and once it gets really hot I'll probably go out to run at 5am before them. Other days I'm up at around 6, do school run on mondays then train straight after, Tuesday I train at 7.30am (will possibly start running before that one too instead of after)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    On a work day, I'm usually up 5:15-5:20 and do some sort of video like aerobics or kickboxing ~45 min or so. Then a shower and coffee. On a weekend or break, I usually sleep in a bit, then get my workout in (usually a little longer, sometimes with dumbbells) then a quick rinse and coffee. I also usually do a long run on Sunday. Summer break is a little different, and I don't get long runs in. I usually still do my video, then go to the gym to lift around 10 or go to the pool to swim laps. It's just too hot to run outside. I might walk on my treadmill...
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Up at 5:30am, an hour of coffee, reading, and snuggling with the pups. I seriously value this time.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I wake up way too early at least three week days a week (before 4:30), roll out of bed, put clothes on, put my laptop, keys, wallet, and cellphone in my backpack, try to make sure that I'm not missing anything for the day (sometimes I'm too tired to remember that step), and leave for the boat house. Typically this takes 10-15 minutes.

Saturdays I "sleep in" and have my alarm set to 6:15 but typically will wake up before hand and the other two week days I don't set an alarm.
  • mrshorntonk
    mrshorntonk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Set my alarm for 06:30, hit snooze every 10 mins until 07:20. Then I have 12 minutes to get ready and have breakfast before I leave for work. I wish I could get up after one snooze, or even two or three!!
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Until today it was wake up 6:30am (or earlier if my body wants to), go on laptop, eat breakfast, get dressed, work. Would only go to gym after work.
    For June, my work shift will start later, so it will be wake up 8 to 8:30, eat and if gym day, gym before work as I don't really like going when it's dark out.
  • tccroston
    tccroston Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I’m usually out the door by 4am, hour long commute, work, longer commute home thanks to traffic, eat, sleep, wake up, repeat.

I’m trying to work out more on the weekend, but I tend to catch up on my sleep.

I’m looking into some gyms closer to work to maybe get a workout in after work to help that traffic thin out a bit.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Up between 4 and 4:30am; coffee & paper and then stretches & physical therapy exercises. Get the dog out for a walk then set up dinner, set up breakfast & lunch for hubby; pack my breakfast and lunch and out the door by 6:30.
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Have 2 coffees, and being unhealthy having a smoke, then off to gym for my 3 hr workout, 2hrs of which is bike or treadmill, and like the song "I Feel Good" :)
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Some fresh lemon juice - it's winter here and everyone around me is sneezing and coughing. I haven't had a cold since last century I guess. Then a mug of coffee with news around the world, followed by my morning exercise.