Any college students on the site?

Options
carriecarrot
carriecarrot Posts: 70 Member
Hey to all of my fellow students on mfp! Are you excited for the upcoming semester? Do you plan to use your university's gym? Are you going to get straight As this semester?

Replies

• joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    hi. no, no and no. my university's gym is incredibly expensive.
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Very excited. I found that school keeps on a schedule. That schedule helps me keep on track with both food and excerise.

I don't plan to use the school gym as no one lives on campus so it sucks being all sweaty and stinky having a 30 mins drive home.

I really hope to get high marks on the EMT test which is what I am going to be completing this semester.

I have answered your questions, but what about you?

Are you carriecarrot excited for the upcoming semester? Do you plan to use your university's gym? Are you going to get straight As this semester?
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    I can hope for straight As and work my butt off, just as hard as I'm gonna work my butt off in the gym!
  • carriecarrot
    Options
    Very excited. I found that school keeps on a schedule. That schedule helps me keep on track with both food and excerise.

I don't plan to use the school gym as no one lives on campus so it sucks being all sweaty and stinky having a 30 mins drive home.

I really hope to get high marks on the EMT test which is what I am going to be completing this semester.

I have answered your questions, but what about you?

Are you carriecarrot excited for the upcoming semester? Do you plan to use your university's gym? Are you going to get straight As this semester?

Yes, yes, and hopefully.

=P I've been so bored this summer...
  • carriecarrot
    Options
    hi. no, no and no. my university's gym is incredibly expensive.

My university includes the gym in the price of full-time tuition.... lol, well I do live in KY, everything is cheap here.
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    No gym at school, there's one near by. I don't go to the gym, I'm a single mom and full time med student and work part-time at school. (So, busy juggling 3 schedules)! The last few mos of school last yr I exercised (walking around in empty classrooms at school or various things at home) and studied at the same time. Most of the time I lost weight (except the several lbs gained the week of spring break) and got better grades... (Although a lot of struggles at the end for being burned out.) Exercise helped to reduce my stress, though.
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ...I would like to find a track to walk/jog/run on though, regularly.
  • carriecarrot
    Options
    ...I would like to find a track to walk/jog/run on though, regularly.

lol, I have to walk up a massive hill just to get to class which is a workout in itself. The students are nicknamed the "hilltoppers", that is how infamous my university's hill is!

But I am looking forward to it. Hopefully I won't be tempted to go on snacking binges to relieve stress from having too much course work! lol
  • PS5253
    PS5253 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am excited but also nervous. I got a job as a student ambassador for my college, which should be fun, but i also have a job at Build A Bear Workshop (yes, it is THE best job ever) and i will be going to school full time. I am afraid the stress will cause me to start emotional eating again, and i really do blame my 30lb weight gain to emotional eating...so i am anxious, but who knows? Maybe i will totally love it and all the activity will help me loose?

I have never gotten all A's, but i'm pretty consistent with getting an A B and C each quarter. ;)

The gym at my school is tiiiinnnyyyy and is about 25 bucks/month. The gym i go to now is 5x bigger and only 10$/month. (SHOUT OUT TO PLANET FITNESS!)

<3kelsey
  • vampiresrme
    vampiresrme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    im a college student! im going to community college currently i dont know if they have a gym. but my apartment complex has a pool and a gym so im trying to utilize those. im a full time student, and work full time as a cna. i hope to get straight a's :) i also use the wii fit a lot. i LOVE jillian micheals. i just bought her yoga dvd. and i routinely do her 30 day shred dvd.
  • carriecarrot
    Options
    I am excited but also nervous. I got a job as a student ambassador for my college, which should be fun, but i also have a job at Build A Bear Workshop (yes, it is THE best job ever) and i will be going to school full time. I am afraid the stress will cause me to start emotional eating again, and i really do blame my 30lb weight gain to emotional eating...so i am anxious, but who knows? Maybe i will totally love it and all the activity will help me loose?

I have never gotten all A's, but i'm pretty consistent with getting an A B and C each quarter. ;)

The gym at my school is tiiiinnnyyyy and is about 25 bucks/month. The gym i go to now is 5x bigger and only 10$/month. (SHOUT OUT TO PLANET FITNESS!)

<3kelsey

Yes. I am afraid that I might starting eating like crazy from all the stress. I am hoping I can stay disciplined. Congrats on getting a job as student ambassador, that sounds really exciting. Good luck! I am sure you can juggle all of your responsibilities AND continue to lose weight! :)

I have realized now that I am pretty lucky when it comes to amenities at my school. I should stop fussing every time the tuition is raised for a "renovation". The gym at my school is absolutely massive, and even has an indoor swimming pool. They have fancy ellipticals with TVs attached to them. I guess its because I go to a large school that has sports team. But I like that non-athletes are not charged. We also have access to free counseling provided by the school dietitians. I never took advantage of these services much in the past! I am not sure why! I plan to this semester though!
  • carriecarrot
    Options
    im a college student! im going to community college currently i dont know if they have a gym. but my apartment complex has a pool and a gym so im trying to utilize those. im a full time student, and work full time as a cna. i hope to get straight a's :) i also use the wii fit a lot. i LOVE jillian micheals. i just bought her yoga dvd. and i routinely do her 30 day shred dvd.

lol I tried 30 day shred but it absolutely kicked my a**. I know its a popular workout DVD, but I get too sore to do it everyday... Everytime I do it, I am sore for 3 days and cant play tennis, which is my passion.

I wish I had Wii Fit... maybe I will buy it with my financial aid lol
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought about it. I have thought I might use the athletics track. I am doing a Masters, so I don't think we get graded by letter.
  • PS5253
    PS5253 Posts: 13
    Options
    Well i think i will be able to keep the stress weight off with the continued support of the folks on here :D it's so helpful to have a whole site full of people who are going through the same thing as you!

Elliptical with TVs attached?! Oh my gosh that's fantastic. It makes working out so much easier, if i could go on a treadmill or an elliptical for a whole episode of criminal minds i would burn tons of calories!

My college doesn't really advertise they amenities that they do offer, i have been there for 2 years and i'm still discovering different things they have for us. It is spendy, but they take care of us.

<3kels