Here we go again

Options
bluestaff
bluestaff Posts: 5 Member
Hi well what can i say iv been here on and off for a few years. But i feel its now or never. After losing my partner just over 20 months ago and adding an extra stone at least on by comfort eating, i feel its time to step up. I have 2 little ones who depend on me i dont know where i would be been without them. So hopefully iv got this and im hoping by posting it will hope to motivate me more. Im 53yrs so i need ro start to take care of myself.

Replies

• lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi Bluestaff- I've done the same thing many times. You and I are about the same age, so I can tell you that you CAN do it. Find an exercise you like- for me it was Pilates. It is low impact, low cardio and involves resistance training and balance. It's been life changing for me. It might not be your thing, but find something. And track your food every day, even on "bad" days. Good luck and keep on keeping on.
  • bluestaff
    Options
    Thankyou for replying.I like to walk the dogs. Just got to get into a bit more.
  • knarfy214
    knarfy214 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Bluestaff, I'm right there with you. I have 150 lbs to lose. I'm in my mids 40s. I've hit the rest button so many times. I also think it's no or never.
  • bluestaff
    Options
    Hi Knarfy214 ..I have 143llbs to lose. I need to find what works for me. Im not great at portion control. Onwards and upwards.