What Are You Eating This Week?

Options
I'm meal planning for the next week and looking for some tried and tested, real life inspiration.

What do you have planned for this week?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Chickpea burgers. Here is the recipe I use: https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/chickpea-burger-338863

Make sure the carrots get the liquid squeezed out of them so they're just damp, not wet, and definitely go not over process. There should be chunks of chickpeas still, or else it falls apart. Also, refrigerate 20 min or so before cooking.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Veggie pizza with homemade crust

Veggie banza pasta with sun dried tomatoes/white bean sauce with roasted garlic

Red peppers stuffed with quinoa, butternut squash and tvp

Can't remember the rest lol
  • TheRobotsAreComing
    TheRobotsAreComing Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That all sounds delicious, thanks for the inspiration! The chickpea burgers sound very similar to Jack Monroe's carrot and kidney bean burgers which are a fave of mine.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfasts:
    Fridge oats (plain Greek yogurt with quick oats, ground flax, cinnamon, and fruit) - this week doing pears, strawberries, and mandarin oranges on various days
    Egg & toast
    Chocolate chia pudding
    French toast w/ sugar free syrup & peanut butter

Lunches:
    3-cheese ravioli with homemade marinara & side salad
    Tuna melts & fresh pineapple
    Baked potatoes with TVP "taco meat", cheese & salsa. Steamed broccoli side.
    Leftover curry chickpeas
    Lentils & banana smoothies made with protein powder & almond milk

Dinners:
    Stir fry with tons of veggies, edamame, and cold sesame noodles
    Veggie burgers, baked sweet potato fries & asparagus
    Homemade crab rangoon pizza with tons of green onion
    Tamale casserole with TVP & black beans and a side salad
    Curry chickpeas w/ carrots, onion, etc.

Desserts:
    blueberry crumble Halo Top for me, cashew milk chocolate cookie "ice cream" for my husband
    acai bowls with grated coconut & strawberries
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Strawberries! I've been under the weather and they're one of the few things I can tolerate eating lately. And it's the season, so they're delicious.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm working on some cheesy zucchini cornbread (dinner), creamy French lentil stew (dinner), veggie nuggets (lunches/snacks), lentil walnut burgers (lunches), garlicky tofu with broccoli and rice (dinner), and a homemade peach pie for dessert :)
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    -Homemade greek souvlaki skewers
    -Steel cut oats with maple syrup banana and walnuts
    -Bbq chicken or steak nachos with tomato mushroom peppers and corn and avocado
    -Banana strawberry smoothie (frozen banana and some sliced frozen strawberries and water)
    -Homemade sweet potato fries with burgers
    -double stuffed oreos for desserts :)

• Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Slow cooker chinese barbecued chicken thighs (made with boneless skinless chicken thighs) with rice and stir-fried greens (kale/spinach/chard/carrot mix).
    Really tasty dinner for about 400 calories (including .25 lbs meat, .5 cup of rice, and stir fried greens)

Chicken thigh recipe:
    2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
    2 Tbsp ketchup
    2 Tbsp honey
    1 Tbsp soy sauce
    1 Tbsp cooking sherry
    1.5 tsp toasted sesame oil
    1.5 tsp grated fresh ginger
    1 garlic clove minced
    0.5 tsp chinese five-spice powder
    8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2-2.5 lbs) trimmed

Mix everything but the chicken in a small bowl to make the sauce. Spray slow cooker with a little cooking spray, then put chicken thighs in bottom of slow cooker. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken, and turn the chicken in the sauce a few times to coat it. Cover and slow-cook on low 4-5 hours.
    After chicken is cooked, remove from slow cooker. Pre-heat broiler in oven with oven rack 6-inches away. Place chicken on a rack on a foil-lined pan. Broil chicken a few minutes on each side to dry the surface before glazing. Brush the chicken with half of the remaining sauce from earlier on one side, broil 3-5 mins (should get nice browning glaze effect) then flip the chicken and brush the other side with the rest of the remaining sauce and broil another 3-5 mins.

Serve with rice and your favorite stir-fried greens or veggie.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    strawberry banana smoothie with half a scoop vanilla protein powder and nonfat greek yogurt
    2 caramel rice cakes with cookie butter
    2 thin pork chops with white rice and sugar snap peas
    2 turkey tacos with fat free cheddar and light sour cream
  • lovelylosses
    lovelylosses Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Smoothies for breakfast - unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, MCT oil, spinach, birthday cake whey protein, collagen peptides, and ice to make it nice and creamy. The whey protein is amazing - it’s my favourite flavour by far.

For lunch probably chicken and hummus or some spicy Spanish rice. I’m pretty flexible on lunches.

For dinner I’m making tons of cauliflower rice recipes - I love it as a risotto. Also a shrimp skillet with lime, garlic and cilantro, plus one night an egg scramble with chicken bacon.