I'm new

Options
gee4612
gee4612 Posts: 1 Member
I've been seeing a nutritionist for 3 months now. I started going to him because I've been going through menopause for 2 years and gained about 20 lbs. Tried different diets but could not lose the weight. I also suffer with hot flashes all day and night. The Dr. has me on supplements which have made me feel better/healthier. The weight loss is very slow. I'm getting very discouraged. After testing, I hv to stay away from carbs, sugar, wheat and soy. Apparently my body doesn't break them down. He suggested this app so I'm giving it a try

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    In the same boat made it to post menopause for awhile the bam 2 pregnancies back to back (1 survivor healthy hyper boy ).Had tubal ties bunch of surgeries to repair placental abruption damages. Now back in Perimenopause so back at square one.
    Gained a lot of weight went from 130’s-140’s to bam 195! Today says I’m 172 but averaging 175. Had to limit calories first time in my life. My routine
    >Hot flashes - black cohosh
    >Itchy scalp/ hair loss - Iron Vitamins for itch/ diluted rosemary oil in spray bottle helps itch/growth
    >Calories reduce
    > Healthy eating best I can but slip a lot lol
    > itch skin- creams
    > burning hoohah- Vaseline (Dr recommended store bought specialty lube but darn stuffs exspensive so said nah)
    > dry knees - vasaline
    > new hairs on face like a burley man - pluck some gave up on the rest.
    Rest I take as it comes cause grumpy happens. Everyone tosses chocolate or tea at me when it happens.Vitamins from Vitamin D chocolate chews to iron/multivitamin pills.
    My Doctor sent me here too lol. I’m not breaking much down easily my metabolism has a flat tire.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello OP and welcome ! There are a couple of kitten Peri Menopause / Menopause threads which are a great place to offload on. My add ons based purely on what I am doing and to add to your nutritionists plan (great idea btw) is to walk your 10k steps every day, drink gallons of water, dump booze, calorie count, take D3 and Omegae 3's. I am getting forgetfulness that makes me think I have early stage dementia :( but as COQ10 supplements have sorted that, I am blaming the blinking hormones. Good luck and be kind to yourself ! x
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Doubt it’s Dementia I got it too like my Mother had she never developed anything. They thought she could have Alzheimer’s then more doctors ruled it out again lol. My grandma 90’s she doesn’t have anything wrong just forgets names,keys,y well what we were talking about lol. She reminds me of myself just sharper.