Gastric Surgery/weight gain

Options
Has anyone had Gastric surgery and have gained a few pounds?

Replies

• angiem73
    angiem73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had it in September of 2009 and Im struggling with my weight going up and down.
  • momerly7
    momerly7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had mine 18 months again. The weigh was going up. Now I'm using MFP. I am sure my stomach isn't as small as it was after surgery. Sad and frustrating. Has this happened to any of you?
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass 6 years ago almost to date. In the first five months I lost 100 lbs. Then for the next four months I lost another 60. Then life happened and stress. I slowly started gaining weight back. By October 2010 I had gained back 60 lbs. I went to my Dr., got back on track and started loosing again. Holidays came and I gained back what I lost. Start of 2011 I decided I was going to get back on track. Slowly the weight started coming off again. I worked really hard over the summer but when fall came I slacked and the the holidays came and I gained back about 20 lbs of what I had lost. I finally made a commitment to loose the weight. The fact that my high school reunion is this summer also helped. I joined MFP and have done really good. Since January I have lost almost 20 lbs. I thought GBP would be an easy fix but it wasn't. I still have to watch what I eat.
  • kellydillard5
    kellydillard5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    May I ask what you are eating. I had the sleeve done in 2011 and have almost gained all that I have lost. I have been trying to lose but just struggling.