Gold's Gym?

Options
I'm thinking about joining the local Gold's Gym for access to strength training equipment, personal trainers, and Tai chi classes. Does anyone have any feedback on them as an organization?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I was a member of Gold's when I was in college, and I recently joined a new Gold's that was just built this year in my town. I have never had any issues with them at all. In fact, because of my positive experience with them in the past, that is why I decided to go back to them. I've gone to ZX Fitness, The Forum, and Peak Fitness in the past as well...and I was not as happy with them. The trainers and group ex instructors seem to be more qualified at Gold's, the equipment is taken better care of, and the facility just seems to be nicer and better kept.

It might just be MY experience, but I've honestly never had an issue with them.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Google reviews of the particular one you are going to. I personally have never used a Gold's gym, I use Planet fitness, and there isn't much there but equipment, but there's plenty so I never have to wait, but that can vary from franchise to franchise.

I googled reviews based on the town you have on your profile, two bad reviews, and one good with minimal information. There is another close to you that has better reviews, but I'm afraid also a bunch of negative ones. I would see if they have a trial membership first so that you can make the decision for yourself.

Good luck!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I went to Gold's back in their heyday about 15years ago. They were great, if you can find one. Their presence seems to be shrinking in the west coast.
    I say go in and get a free 2 week pass and trry it out.
  • maryzcontrary
    Options
    make sure that you negotiate your monthly fees -- they will reduce them if you haggle a bit -- I miss it - I moved away from mine, and I LOVED the Body Sculpt and Body Flow classes --
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I started a one week pass today and my first visit was okay. I'm going mostly for the strength training and they have a good set up at this relatively new location. I'm also going to check out the Tai Chi class tomorrow.