feeling low and stupid...

Options
I feel so stupid... :'(

I cannot help it if I have my nan's measuring scales for measuring portions of chicken, rice, pasta and etc, I cannot help if it doesn't display anything on a screen and instead it shows a scale of numbers and all it shows on the left end side of it is either lb or kg.

Why isn't anyone on this website as supportive and reassuring and considerate as I remember them to be back seven months ago? everyone I had on my friends was there for me on here, and now I've got a few on community area and one in my friends list who is not being anything like that towards me. What have I done to deserve it? :'(

Sorry for ranting but I just cannot handle this now.

I had my grandfather pass away two years ago, it had been his two year anniversary on the 31st of May, so my mind has been messed up all through May... I have been trying to detox and calm myself down but its been hell.

There are things on this website that I still do not quite understand, there is no need for people to giggle and laugh at me for not knowing how to read my nan's measuring scales, is there? :'( I am not angry with anyone, I am just shocked and sad to see that there are people in the world who would laugh and not actually be helpful and supportive of other people around them.

Replies

• Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've been through a ton recently, so first of all, big hugs to you.

You seem to be referring to a previous post? It's not entirely clear to me what happened to upset you, but I am sorry you're feeling unsupported. Sometimes folks here can be a bit snarky, but most are genuinely interested in helping. Please don't worry that you're stupid for having a few questions- we all do, especially at first! And that's what the forums are all about. Maybe you can try again.
  • sclady21
    sclady21 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are not stupid. I'm sorry you're having a difficult time right now with your grandfather's passing. I know how hard losing someone you love can be. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Beccalouise09
    Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've been through a ton recently, so first of all, big hugs to you.

You seem to be referring to a previous post? It's not entirely clear to me what happened to upset you, but I am sorry you're feeling unsupported. Sometimes folks here can be a bit snarky, but most are genuinely interested in helping. Please don't worry that you're stupid for having a few questions- we all do, especially at first! And that's what the forums are all about. Maybe you can try again.

This is the previous post I am on about https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43794741#Comment_43794741 however, I would like it if the problem ends here with me doing this cause... I enjoy coming on MFP's it gives me the motivation and inspiration to continue with my life and not want to join nan and grandad in the next world. Due to the medical history I have had, I very much need sites like these to help me reach goals I never got to have thanks to my heart problems...

Hope the link loads the community post of mine titled as "what areas should I be measuring on myself?" I wished I had never made the post.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options

This is the previous post I am on about https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43794741#Comment_43794741 however, I would like it if the problem ends here with me doing this cause... I enjoy coming on MFP's it gives me the motivation and inspiration to continue with my life and not want to join nan and grandad in the next world. Due to the medical history I have had, I very much need sites like these to help me reach goals I never got to have thanks to my heart problems...

Hope the link loads the community post of mine titled as "what areas should I be measuring on myself?" I wished I had never made the post.

I don't see anything you need to feel bad about. I see a well-intentioned person who is being bullied and spoken to abruptly, without patience, respect or dignity. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I regretted the last post I made, too. It was about ice cream. That should tell you something.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Having read your previous post now, I think you tried your best to inform people that autism makes it difficult to understand some of the explanations that were presented in answer to your question, and that anxiety makes you worry about the tone of those responses. I have a family member with autism and anxiety, and I know that struggle! Please don't be hard on yourself. You're not stupid, and online forums are not the most straightforward way to communicate. I hope this thread has shown you that people do care.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened. The thread you linked is closed, so I haven't been able to read it, but judging from the responses, it sounds like you did nothing wrong. It can be difficult to navigate online interactions with the one-two punch of autism and anxiety (I have both, so I understand), but there really are plenty of good people on here who want to help. Feel free to reach out if you need to vent to someone else on the spectrum.