I feel bad

Options
Today I found out that I weighed 3 stone more then I should!!! I feel really bad and I’m always self conscious I’m soooooo fat and I feel really ashamed I’m really trying to turn my life around but it is so hard as I’m at boarding school and there is so much drama on my life right now does anyone have any advise on how I can become fitter??? I really need all the help and support I can get!

Replies

• GWagon93
    GWagon93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can’t speak for everyone but for me, the more I immerse myself into my fitness goals (tracking my nutrition, following others with similar goals, etc.) the better I feel and the faster I reach personal milestones. Keep your head down and reward yourself for every small victory. More than anything else, enjoy the process!
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. I imagine being at boarding school, it's harder to control what you eat and hard to find time for exercise when you have classes. Summer break is coming, right? So maybe that's an opportunity to do some walking, or find some other form of exercise you enjoy. Just remember you're still young and still growing, so you don't want cut your diet to an extreme. Moderation is the way to go. Best of luck!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Does your school have a nurse or doctor on the premises? You might be able to receive some nutritional counseling from them. When I was in boarding school, girls concerned about their weight were careful about what they ate. If they ate pizza or hamburgers, they took napkins and tamped them down to remove the excess grease. They ate lots of salads and ate very little starchy foods. It's important not to overindulge in snacks and to avoid the vending machines in the dorms. Buy healthy snacks and herbal teas that can be drunk without sugar.

Are you overeating because of stress, boredom, unhappiness? If your school offers psychological counseling that could be helpful as well.