Resistance Bands ROLL CALL!

Options
80CATS
80CATS Posts: 26 Member
Hi! I’m about to start working out with resistance bands to rehab some injuries and build up basic conditioning, and I’m look for INSPIRATION:

Anyone on here use Resistance Bands/Tubes regularly? Anyone using BANDS/TUBES ONLY for all their strength training???

Any links or resources I should check out?

Just ordered a starter kit from Therabands 😎

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I’ve been using them for a couple months now. I love them and I’m seeing results. the only downfall is that I’m noticing pain in my legs from where I place the band. I use the smallest band for the most resistance I guess that’s why.

I follow Sydney Cummings - butt and thigh workout, my *kitten* is more plump and thighs more toned. Followed that video for about a month.
  • 80CATS
    80CATS Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Will check that out—awesome thanks for tip!
  • JuneLife
    JuneLife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Did you use all the sizes of your resistance bands? And what did you think of it?
    I found this one that has same size but different resistances but not sure about it.
    Thanks
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am returning to running after a long break and will be doing my PT exercises to strengthen my hips again.
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Check out Jeff Cavaliere -- "AthleanX" for lots of free workouts. He almost always includes band work, with body weight and DB exercises.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Your muscles don't know whether they're moving iron or rubber, only that it's a strain.

I used them for a couple months and appreciated being able to do it at home. Eventually I wanted more control over how much resistance, and using several bands was getting cumbersome. But they were a great start.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Now that it is the summer, I bike ride and swim (swim to the beach, too!). But off-season, I have an in-house regimen of about an hour of bodyweight, small barbell, calisthenics, stairs and resistance bands. Plus 1-3 days/wk at the gym for stationary cycle. I like the bands; my frustration is the lack of numeric force or resistance values on the brands I've been trying. I'd like to see "this is 'x' force//resistance//etc." rather than arbitrary - and varying by brand - "medium/strong" ratings. Unless someone knows of a brand that does?
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    These are what I own:

http://www.sierraexercise.com/

Black bands are 15 lbs. and the lighter color ones are 5 lbs.

Very clever design and the Hook allows for rapid and easy change of resistance.