Slimming World Reject

Options
ciryluk
ciryluk Posts: 3 Member
Hello everyone πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ I've been lurking for a while on the 1st November 2018 I joined Slimming World for the first time and I had a bit of a shocker on the scales and saw some numbers I don't want to see ever again and in early December last year I began embarking on what would become my current exercise regime... I half heartedly counted/observed my calorie intake when I joined Slimming World and I managed to lose 2st 3lbs with them which is great however the last 3-4 months my weightloss has kind of stalled and I started to look at what I'm doing and the things I am eating.... I started a 22 mile swim challenge at the end of February and my losses began to slow then... one of my Aquafit buddies was also on Slimming World and wasn't really working for her either... she put her food diary into MFP and turns out she was consuming 3000 calories a day while sticking to plan πŸ€” so we decided to buddy up and ditch Slimming World in favour of solely calorie counting with MFP and we weigh in weekly every Tuesday at our local swimming pool.... last Tuesday was our first official post Slimming World weigh in and boy has past week been eye opening.... last weekend I was gonna shovel a whole Pineapple down my throat since it's a free food on Slimming World.... nope not on Slimming World on anymore have to count that.... 456 calories πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ I had a whole plate filled with salad for that πŸ€” no more weigh day binges, no more food restrictions olives/Avocado/duck/chicken skin, no more sending Β£5 a week down a black hole, better food education ect ect..... any other fellow Slimming World evictees helloo πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Trust MFP - they do all the calculations and there are so many supportive members out there. Otherwise: CICO.
  • Jadecarpet
    Jadecarpet Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I managed 12 weeks of s/w... Lost 7 lbs, then gained 10 lbs.
    Went back to logging with MFP recently & low n behold, weight loss starts, slowly, again.
    S/W is fine to get someone started but it's not a long term solution for a lot of people.
    I'm not a fan of s/w. Their sins values chop and change on various products, regardless of the fact that the product may NOT have changed its recipe/ingredients. Muller products had their sins values changed regardless of the fact their recipe DIDN'T change. Interesting, right?
    I've no time for s/w, it's a money making racket that punishes its members monetarily if they miss a week. I know members here in the UK and in Ireland (Rep.) and leaders tend to make comments that are of no help to someone who's had a bad week. If anything, it humiliates them. I know not all leaders would do this but there are many that do.
    I'm sticking to MFP and I'll keep counting my calories ;)