Staying motivated when weight loss is slow

Options
luceario
luceario Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone!

I’m currently 79kg and 188cm so that puts me at a pretty healthy weight.

My goal is to be 75kg as this was the weight I was before I got depressed and succumbed to eating as a comfort. I’ve lost two stone since March, which I know is a very fast rate of loss and I’m starting to see the negative physical and mental side effects of this now - I’m exhausted, looking pale and unwell and so hungry all of the time!

I want to slow my weight loss down so that it’s sustainable and not going to damage my body or mental health but I feel guilty when I don’t see the scale rapidly declining and get unmotivated, which either leads me to restrict more again or just give up on my diet altogether.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping motivation going when you’re not seeing quick results?

Replies

• imtired2019
    imtired2019 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’ve been working out for 2 weeks on and off for 40mins
    I’ve been having a shake with kale and spinach every night for a month now
    And I haven’t lost any visible weight!! :( I’ve lost a tiny bit off my waist and my tummy isn’t as bloated but it really lowers my self esteem that no one has noticed this slight weight loss. Feels like all the hard work is not working and maybe I’m just seeing things :(
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't invest all of your happiness in those numbers.

Weight fluctuation is normal and the human body is complicated. Retained water because of things like too much sodium, muscle gain, etc. doesn't mean you aren't becoming healthier! Limit your weigh-ins if they start getting counter-productive and focus on the future you want to have and the things you want to accomplish. Let that be your motivation to keep making good choices.