Digestion issue

Options
Hi friends so here’s a little tmi on my life right now. I have a formal event I have to go to tonight and my outfit is pretty formfitting. I also haven’t pooped in four days and my stomach is ridiculously bloated. I haven’t had this issue before so I’ve been trying every possible remedy. I’ve done stomach massages, eaten all the right fibery foods, cut down on artificial sweeteners, cut down on all foods google said cause constipation, and even got desperate and took a laxative. So far no luck. The event is tonight and I look 15 pounds heavier than I am and I feel gross. Any advice? ASAP please

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    When did you take the laxative? Has the maximum time listed on the label for action passed? Does the label contain any advice in the event that nothing happens (like "seek medical attention")?
  • lucadeangiles
    lucadeangiles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When did you take the laxative? Has the maximum time listed on the label for action passed? Does the label contain any advice in the event that nothing happens (like "seek medical attention")?

i took it thursday night and it said 1-3 days so it likely just hasn’t kicked in yet.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Try prune juice. It has a natural laxative effect. One big glass usually solves my problem in an hour or two.

It's super gross unfortunately. =P
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Not pooping for 4 days is no good, but I’m sure you know that. It probably won’t give you the immediate relief you are looking for, but going forward, I highly recommend a Magnesium Supplement to help keep you regular.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I know that horrible sluggish feeling. Oof. My mom swears by natural applesauce.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    For future reference, eat something very fatty as your first food of the day. If you want to increase the chances of a clear out, have a hot drink with caffeine in it with the fatty breakfast. If you want to nail it, do some cardio after breakfast :) I wouldnt stray too far from a loo.....

Hope you had a fab do !
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    My class all discussed this in high school. General consensus was hot coffee with a lot of sugar, then bend your body all around. Repeat every 15 minutes until everything comes out all right. Sounds crazy as an adult, but Hey, don’t argue with what works for you.
    Please do let us know how your event went @lucadeangiles
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Have you tried caffeine? A big cup of coffee always does it for me.
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This may feel counter-productive when you're feeling bloated, but... Make sure you're drinking enough water. Dehydration is a common cause of constipation and it's sometimes not easy to tell if you're dehydrated until it gets to dangerous levels (been there).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Too late now, but there’s nothing you can do in a few hours to solve this.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Wear something comfortable and have a good time?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    Wear something comfortable and have a good time?

OP posted yesterday worrying about an event "tonight," so ...