In need of emotional support

Options
elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
Hey everyone. I know I haven’t been as actively lately. As some know my sister in law was really sick and I had been helping take care of her.

Unfortunately this morning she passed away. I’m numb and hurting, I go through periods were I want to eat everything and periods where I doubt anything will taste good.

I could really use some support and hugs right now.

Not sure if this was the right subgroup, but it’s the one I was most active on.

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I don’t have any wise words for you, but I’m thinking of you and sending you good vibes. I am sorry for your loss x
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Huge hugs from me, too!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    you can be numb and hurting or numb and hurting and fat, that is what I tell myself, I know it hurts. Hugs.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, Elphie. <<< hugs>>>

We are here for you.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,765 Member
    Options
    Big big hugs and support and love going to you and your family.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • clairetomkinson
    clairetomkinson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you. Try to go easy on yourself.
  • Jazkianajanissi
    Jazkianajanissi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You made the first step to a healing process by reaching out to others for support. As, the young lady stated stay hydrated if you can't do anything else. Write out your feeling allow yourself to go through the greiving process cry and eat whatever eases the pain. It's going to take time to heal, I still hurt from my loss and it's been 28 years. If you believe in prayer, pray and cry out to your higher power. It will get easier as time passes think of all the happy and fun time you guys spent together. Remember she absent from the body but is always present in your heart. Agape Love my sister
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    So sorry...I hope you find some peace and comfort. 💕
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    We haven't "met" but I feel your pain and am giving you my support and warmest wishes for internal peace. I'm very sorry for what you and your family are going through.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Thank you every one. It has been a hard weekend.
  • tccroston
    tccroston Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Elphie, I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad tragically in ‘09, and I was so numb, I’d forget to eat. And when I did eat, it was just because I was going through the motion.

One day at a time. One foot in front of the other. You have family that love and support you, and an online family that is sending out love, prayers, and support.

Feel free to vent, that helps too... *hugs*
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    So sorry, Elphie!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your loss. It has been and will continue to be a roller-coaster of emotions. Just do whatever you have to to take care of yourself and get through this difficult time.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry. i second what Lillymoo01 says above. Be good to yourself. Take some walks outside in a pretty place.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    So sorry, Elphie: Sending healing thoughts to you and your family.