Anyone over 300 lbs trying to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• amdrummer02
    amdrummer02 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started at 295 about 3 weeks ago and I'm down to 287 now and the scale keeps dropping. This site has been a huge help to me! Good luck on reaching your goals.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    lovin ~~ good job!! That is a huge loss, but at our higher weights is normal in the beginning :) Keep up the great work!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi I have about 100lbs to lose but the weight loss journey is a hard one to travel alone so feel free to add me guys.
  • idahogirl71
    Options
    Okay I started a link for the weekly challenge / weigh-in / motivation group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/211201-support-accountability-for-300-gals-sorry-guys

If you are at least 300 pounds and would like to join please feel free too :).
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm here to offer support and motivation to all of you. Not to discount the struggles that you're going thru, but my starting weight was 660lbs.:sad: I've known for years that I should do something about my weight, but just couldn't seem to get started on the right path. I begged and pleaded my family to support me by trying to eat right around me. Finally, when the new year rolled around, I made another attempt at trying to get started. This time my brother and sister-n-law also decided to come on board. We started seeing a weight loss doctor in our area that advised us and using a food journal to keep track of what we're putting into our body. We didn't get started till February 15th due to the lack of money, but now it's finally happening! In the nearly two months that I've been eating right & doing my best to exercise, I've lost 62.5 lbs.:noway: . Keep putting your best food forward and set small goals to claim victory over. One day at a time with the right mindset and we'll all get there eventually.
  • BigMattyD
    BigMattyD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started at 360lbs and am now currently in my 240s. Good luck on your journey! All I can is keep at it and just focus on reaching your goals each week. Everything is a decision, make a commitment to yourself and stick with it. When i started i told everyone around me: Coworkers, family, friends, friends of friends. Setting up accountability with those around you is very important, because of this I would always get asked how I was doing or people would comment on the weight loss and its been constant motivation. Still works to this day!

Good luck and keep at it, the weight will come off!
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    Add me! I am over 300lbs and trying to lose weight. I started my journey at 480lbs. I'm down to 400lbs now.
  • idahogirl71
    Options
    OMG Gary you are such an inspiration!! Thank you both Gary and BigMatty for sharing!! I am always motivated by hearing people's success stories!!

Steph_Marie29 thank you sharing and coming on board. That is an awesome loss!! Good job!! We also have a link posted to an accountability/exercise/weekly goal/weekly weigh in group posted on here that I started. We just started it yesterday so feel free to take a look at it!

Best wishes to all on this journey!!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I am here! My starting weight was 446 lbs and my goal weight is 185 lbs so needless to say I have a whole lot to lose! but with the awesome support that i get on here, at home, and from my friends and coworkers i know i am going to totally rock this!! i didn't get this way overnight, hell i have been overweight my entire life, so i know this is a long journey but i know that i can and will do this!!
  • Firhilda
    Firhilda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too. Started at 301 at beginning of this year - all time high (are should that be low?). Been slow progress, but now down to 274 lbs. Want to get to 230lbs by end of 2011.....then set new goals for next year :bigsmile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Dec. 2009 485 lbs. Diabetes Type II. high BP. on lots of meds to help control it all.
    Aug. 2011 340 lbs. no more diabetes or high BP. off all meds related to it. just take fish oil and multivitamin now.

I unfortunately don't track my calories on MFP anymore. It has to do with me rooting my cel phone (aka screwing around with it XD) and the app not liking that. I use a different website/app to track my calories now. As others said it can be done! Consistency, dedication and above all patience! My goal for the end of this year is to be out of the 300's and into the upper 200's. Ultimately I want to be 200-220 when I am all done.
  • thatdude3
    Options
    I started at 389 and have been using MFP for about a month. I have lost 23 pounds so far. I think this is one is the easier ways to lose weight, I don't really feel like I am dieting. I have been sticking to around 1400 calories a day and things have been going well. I have been staying away from processed foods and it is kind of amazing how much you can eat and still be at about 1400 calories. For me the key has been staying away from anything processed, if it isn't fresh made then I don't eat it. I have also been eating a large amount of fresh fruit because it is a great snack and low in calories.