Need help losing 40lbs!!

Before my first baby I was 10 stone 3. After him I was under 11 stone. 6 months later, pregnant again. This time I put on 4 and a bit stone and after my girl was born 6 MONTHS ago I'm still struggling to shift this "baby weight". I am 13 stone and 5ft 7. My goal is 10 stone ISH. My problem is I am lazy and suffering with PND after my second.

Before my 1st I was in the gym 6 days a week. After my 1st I was in the gym 4 days a week (gym offers free creche). Now I'm lucky if I go 2 days a MONTH. I used to meal prep, now I don't. Now I'm easily persuaded into a takeaway.

I know what I need to do but I need the support. Please!!

Replies

• Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Feel free to add me. I too have a 40 lb goal and have an open diary :)
  • marysabetournay
    marysabetournay Posts: 69 Member
    dont be so hard on yourself, you are a busy mom, not lazy! Give yourself time to adjust to your new role of 2 babies and then work in a routine, doesnt have to be a gym!
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    I created a home gym for myself. It really helps. Sometimes you don't even need equipments just YouTube. Maybe a mat for Abs.
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    You can always wake up early whilst babies are sleeping and exercise.
    You can cook proteins ahead of time and freeze. Just keep veggies and carbs. Handy so you just cook it on the day you need it. Have fruits and rice cakes handy so if you are too hungry before meals you can binge on it.
    Take it slow the weight took time to come it will take time to go.
    Goodluck
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    Add me. I have 40lbs to lose and an open diary.
  • Mumoftwo1onamission
    Mumoftwo1onamission Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you all for replying! My youngest wakes at 6/630 and my eldest at 630/7. After cleaning and sorting for the next day ect I don't get to bed till 10pm so waking before 6am to exercise just doesn't seem doable. Maybe thats the laziness in me.

I have decided to abuse my gyms free childcare facilities (2 hours per day) and try to do 3 days per week. I am also going to try just walk most places if the weather allows it!

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    good luck!

i will note, weight loss happens in the kitchen. there is no requirement to go to a gym to lose weight. while i did run initially in my weight loss journey, I haven't been able to go any sorta real purposeful exercise since last august but continued to lose weight even the last difficult pounds. I just track my calories carefully and stay in a calorie deficit.

I walk a lot. with kiddos you can maybe work that in more easily, outings to the park and such.
  • Mumoftwo1onamission
    Panini911 wrote: »
    good luck!

i will note, weight loss happens in the kitchen. there is no requirement to go to a gym to lose weight. while i did run initially in my weight loss journey, I haven't been able to go any sorta real purposeful exercise since last august but continued to lose weight even the last difficult pounds. I just track my calories carefully and stay in a calorie deficit.

I walk a lot. with kiddos you can maybe work that in more easily, outings to the park and such.

Oh I do.

More of my problem is definitely in the kitchen, the word takeaway only had to be mentioned before I'm weak at the knees. I only have to think of a food like Gregg's or McDonald's and I'm drooling for one for days! But enough is enough. I used to be three stone and 2 dress sizes smaller than this and I was so happy but now I am constantly crying over my appearance and I just hate the way I look!

We do many walks to a lot of places and I actually enjoy the gym so thats something. But I have a few health scares and issues creeping into me lately and with no definitive answer, I can't help but feel like my poor diet isn't helping. So I am really hoping I find the strength and support to stick to this!
  • EmBeatie
    EmBeatie Posts: 33 Member
    Don't have sugar, snacks, treats or junk food or sugary drinks in the house. If they're not there you can't binge on them. Good for your kids too, means it's harder for them to get into bad habits early on.
  • Mumoftwo1onamission
    EmBeatie wrote: »
    Don't have sugar, snacks, treats or junk food or sugary drinks in the house. If they're not there you can't binge on them. Good for your kids too, means it's harder for them to get into bad habits early on.

My kids only snack on fruit really
  • abikas
    abikas Posts: 6 Member
    It's natural that you've gained weight after having two kids and definitely shouldn't hate your appearance for it! Your body has done something incredible but of course it's taken a beating along the way. Sounds like you maybe genuinely enjoy the gym? If that's the case do try and go when you can, even if you don't do a lot just to have the free childcare haha, an maybe a couple hundred calories burned here and there. But also something I've found helpful is to just set a target like 'okay no takeaways for 6 weeks' or something like that, so not only do you feel like it's an achievement that you've managed that at the end if it's something you really love/hate, but you'll get definite benefits in your weight loss as well, and breaking the habit might make it easier to say no in the long run? Either way though, it's a horrible thought that you're crying in the mirror, I'm sure you're just as gorgeous now as you were before any babies came along, but you're also a stronger person for going through two pregnancies and births (and everything to come) as well. This is coming from an as yet childless woman who also has around 40lbs to lose and literally no excuse!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!