Your Most Embarrassing Word Flip

Options
thecanface
thecanface Posts: 30 Member
edited May 2019 in Fun and Games
This morning I walked into the break room to get my boss some coffee and the top head honcho of the entire company was in there. Because he’s very serious and can be a little tough on people sometimes, he makes me really nervous so my dumba$$ felt the need to explain why I was there... Instead of saying “I’m just getting some coffee for Mr. Smith” I said “I’m just getting some Smith for Mr. Coffee.” FML!

Feel free (I’m begging you) to share your embarrassing misspoken moments so we can all feel dumb together :)

Replies

• Otterridiculousness
    Otterridiculousness Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have so many I can't remember specific ones!😂
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am sure that I've done things like this a million times and conveniently blocked them from my memory.

My male coworker accidentally called me mom once. He's 33, I'm 42, and I've also seen him check me out many times. Awkward.

Ah yes...for some reason, this weekend I've called headphones "sunglasses" at least twice. I also used to call stop signs "stoplights" without realizing it, when navigating for other drivers.
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Went to the macdonalds drive through after a big night out and asked for 3 "Hash Cakes" rather than 3 hash browns!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,848 Member
    Options
    I had problems hearing out of one of my ears. Everything sounded muffled. I went to the doctor and she asked me if I had put anything in my ear. I told her a "toothpick" when what I really meant was a "Q-Tip."

Even after I corrected myself, I think she was still uncertain.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I had problems hearing out of one of my ears. Everything sounded muffled. I went to the doctor and she asked me if I had put anything in my ear. I told her a "toothpick" when what I really meant was a "Q-Tip."

This made me laugh out loud!
  • thecanface
    Options
    I am sure that I've done things like this a million times and conveniently blocked them from my memory.

My male coworker accidentally called me mom once. He's 33, I'm 42, and I've also seen him check me out many times. Awkward.

Ah yes...for some reason, this weekend I've called headphones "sunglasses" at least twice. I also used to call stop signs "stoplights" without realizing it, when navigating for other drivers.

OMFG I would die if I ever called someone mom! I've accidentally called my female co-worker 'babe' before, but we're close so we just laughed it off..
  • thecanface
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

Hahaha! that is too funny! This reminds me of when my best friend went to the doctor and the doctor walked toward her with his arms up adjusting his sleeves/getting ready to check her ears but she thought he was reaching out for a hug, so she put her arms out too. She said she immediately realized what was happening and is pretty sure the doctor saw it and just brushed it off. Needless to say the rest of the visit was pretty awkward.
  • thecanface
    Options
    These stories are reminding me of the 60,000 times I've been talking on the phone and suddenly realizing I can't find my phone and telling the person on the phone that I think I lost my phone :(
  • thecanface
    Options
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    Went to the macdonalds drive through after a big night out and asked for 3 "Hash Cakes" rather than 3 hash browns!

Hey.. hash cakes is better than cake browns! :D
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i stopped sending my emails as 'best regards' because i kept mistyping one of the words and looking like an mean idiot.
  • thecanface
    Options
    thanos5 wrote: »
    i stopped sending my emails as 'best regards' because i kept mistyping one of the words and looking like an mean idiot.

bahahahahahhaha oh my gosh... at least they were the best! haha!
  • thecanface
    Options
    Once my father-in-law was trying to say "bluetooth wireless headphones" but he called them "toothless headphones".. I still cry of laughter when I think about it :lol:
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,848 Member
    Options
    thecanface wrote: »
    Once my father-in-law was trying to say "bluetooth wireless headphones" but he called them "toothless headphones".. I still cry of laughter when I think about it :lol:

This reminded me of my own dad. Years ago when my brother had a blackberry phone, my dad said he had a "blueberry phone."

Then there was my grandma that always got confused and called Starbucks "Big Bucks." She wasn't completely wrong though. :D
  • Otterridiculousness
    Otterridiculousness Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Not embarrassing but funny, last year I told my daughter to take off her feet at the lake instead of take off her shoes.
  • thecanface
    Options
    Not embarrassing but funny, last year I told my daughter to take off her feet at the lake instead of take off her shoes.

bahahahaha ewwww imagine! LOL

This morning I was wiping down the machine i was using, and I realized half way through that I was cleaning the wrong machine and all my stuff was on the machine next to it LOL I felt pretty dumb.
  • flintflash1
    flintflash1 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I was coaching a shooting/scoring drill with my soccer team. After one of my players missed my pass to him for the third time, I told him to "just focus and kick my balls!" I think my assistant coach was the first to fall on the ground laughing....LOL.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    My family always found it hilarious when my dr asked me once if I had lost my appetite due to a virus. I replied no, I just don't feel like eating. Even the dr kinda chuckled.

I'm sure I've many i often speak and then think