Calorie counting and exercising NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT

Options
surly calorie deficit you would loose some weight, I been trying so hard to loose weight calorie counting, eating better and exercising and I can’t seem to loose any weight it’s very demoralising anyone have any suggestions??

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    What do the MFP calculations say?
  • nataliemay520
    nataliemay520 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for about 5/6 weeks now. I count everything even if it’s bad. Sometimes I think I’m exercising too much. I recently had a baby 3months ago x
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for about 5/6 weeks now. I count everything even if it’s bad. Sometimes I think I’m exercising too much. I recently had a baby 3months ago x

Did you read that chart? Your answer is there somewhere.

If you're breastfeeding, talk to your doctor about a good calorie level for you.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    For people to be able to give you input more data is necessary. What is your height, current weight, what are the calories MFP is telling you to eat and what is the loss goal you selected in your set up? eg, .5 lbs, 1 lb per week.

Also, are you using a food scale? If not, you are likely not accurate in you intake calculations. What is your exercise program and are you eating back your exercise calories? Are you using MFP estimates for your calories burned?
  • snake_man_32
    snake_man_32 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    IMO people who are serious about losing weight need to use a food scale. I was shocked at learning how “small” servings of pasta and meat are when I started weighing my food.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    What is your current weight and goal weight?

Have you started exercising, or started doing more exercise than usual?

Do you use a food scale to weigh all solid food?

Are you breastfeeding?
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If you only gave birth 12 weeks ago, I would imagine that your hormones are still fluctuating, not to mention the stress of little sleep etc etc. Therefore it might be water retention etc.
  • nataliemay520
    nataliemay520 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions I will defo start weighing my food and see where that takes me. Not breast feeding.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Not weighing your food thus far is very likely your problem. You are simply eating more than you think you are. Happens to all of us!