On again Off again: ON

Options
Good morning! I have been using this app on again and off. I plan on using this consistently now. I competed in a bodybuilding show- figure and got in the best shape. Now, almost two months later, I am losing the motivation to eat well. My figure is slowly adding back on weight, and not the good kind. My abs are slowly disappearing.. Now, many people probably would question, why am I complaining? I am skinny as is so I should just knock it off and stop talking now, right? However, I reached my best physique and now I am losing it. Having the motivation of a community is just what everybody needs. As motivating I am to others, I have trouble keeping that motivation consistent for myself. Not to mention I pride myself in health and fitness. I am going for my bachelors in nutrition/biochem and then getting my masters in oriental medicine & acupuncture. So how can I possibly be losing my figure if I know better? If anybody needs motivation, would like to join my journey in attaining my best figure, or needs to talk complain, I am here!

Thanks -Sara :)

Replies

• magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Did you think bodybuilding show bodies were physiologically and psychologically sustainable? They aren't, particularly for women.
    I would suggest looking up 3D Muscle Journey / Eric Helms discussing post show diets and post show expectations.
  • steelrod95
    steelrod95 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well Sara, glad your at least back searching for answers. Sounds like you have the tools and knowledge and like many of us motivation is an issue. I have to believe I'm a bit older then you and have been in a hole for nearly a decade. I previously was of sound mind and body, possessing the tools lifting, nutrition and cardio and have done so most of my life. Things got *kitten* and only now I'm crawling out. Yep motivation is hard to come by these days. Hang in there push forward don't let the doubt of yourself grind you to a halt.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back. :)
  • yoji02
    yoji02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara, it is so hard. I am an emotional eater and I need a goal to keep going. You have such an interesting time ahead and great plans. You know what to do to succeed! Best wishes. Joy

• uruzeihwaz
    uruzeihwaz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right there with you Sara.

I'm currently trying to dig myself out of the same slump. Evenings are the killer for me. I can manage until about 5 or 6 in the evening, then I'm constanly grazing (and not on good things :(

Add to that I am carb and fructose intolerant - I eat any of those over an identified percentage I also bloat :neutral:

I'm ok on my exercise though - that's constant.
  • sararejnok
    sararejnok Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You and me both! Day time I manage just fine, but then all of a sudden, night time comes around and it is game over. I just weighed myself this morning and I am up 5 pounds. Reality hit and it is time to crack down and put in the work.
    It is funny how exercise is the easy part. It stays constant yet food is the hardest part of everything!

We got this :)