The Coward of the County

Options
Good morning my beautiful babies. I was driving to work this morning and listening to the song “The Coward of the County” and thinking of the movie of the same name. On the surface it’s a movie about a boy (Tommy) who promises his dying dad that he will not fight and get in trouble. He is picked on and called yellow for his entire life but then stands tall and beats crap out of the men who hurt his woman. It’s one of the best songs and best movies ever in my humble opinion. But there is more to it than that, and a lesson to be learned. One is that you can’t always judge people just on how they look or some of their actions. You have to look deeper and see people’s motives. See where they are coming from. And secondly, no one believes in Tommy. He may not even really believe in himself. But he does more than anyone thought he could. I think so often we look at ourselves and say “I can’t run for 30 minutes on the treadmill, I can’t do an hour on the elliptical, I can’t bench 225,” etc. But here is the thing… YOU CAN! I was told from the start I couldn’t raise two kids all on my own, but I am. You have to work hard, you have to have faith in yourself, you have to stay positive and NEVER give up. You can move mountains if you just stay positive and never give up. You were not created for failure but for VICTORY!!! You are a winner my love. And you are absolutely gorgeous, sexy, hot and did I say GORGEOUS!!! You are stunningly gorgeous! So work hard and believe in yourself. I will be right here rooting you on. This cowboy is your biggest fan. I love you dearly.

Blessings,
Ed

Replies

• arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    I like that song. I grew up listening to it.
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Your motivation and dedication are awesome. Love reading your posts!!!
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    I've listened to that song a few times, and in my opinion, you have the message of the song bang on. and it's true, but usually when someone tells me I can't. I think of the little engine that could..... and as I'm trying to to what ppl told me I couldn't. I just repeat to myself. "I think I can, I think I can" and some days, it's "I know I can, I know I can" lol
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I've listened to that song a few times, and in my opinion, you have the message of the song bang on. and it's true, but usually when someone tells me I can't. I think of the little engine that could..... and as I'm trying to to what ppl told me I couldn't. I just repeat to myself. "I think I can, I think I can" and some days, it's "I know I can, I know I can" lol

Rok on!
  • Deberlin88
    Deberlin88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love this post, Ed! What great inspiration & motivation. Have a great day!

Hugs-n-love,
    Debbie :)
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    I love this post, Ed! What great inspiration & motivation. Have a great day!

Hugs-n-love,
    Debbie :)

Smooches gorgeous! Loves ya!
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    *SMILE* Just what I needed this morning! :) Hugs to you. Have a fantastic day!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I've never heard the song, but your description reminds me of the quote "Whether you believe you can or can't, you're right."
  • dids01
    dids01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    As usual Ed spot on xx
    if any one ever tells me I can't do something it's a case of, you think so? I'm so going to prove you wrong.

It started when my english teacher told my mum 20 odd years ago I would fail guess what lol, showed him.

I've had times when I though I can't then thought why the hell not I can. Maybe not as many or as much but eventually I will.

Stay positive.

Ed you are a star:flowerforyou:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Great post Ed! and now I have that song in my head...
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your wonderful outlook on life. You are becoming a habit of mine to check in and see what you have to say and how can I start my day so positive. I am most often positive but you bring me up a few steps in my thoughts and it is helpful.

Bless you and have a great day.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    So wise words coming from a wonderful cowboy dad!!

Thank you Ed :-)
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Love you all and thnks. Have an amazing day!
  • kaylynn54
    kaylynn54 Posts: 141
    Options
    Thanks Ed!!! You always know how to bring a smile to my face, even when I don't feel like smiling :-D Thanks for your inspirational posts!!! We all love you too!!!