my 135th day and been gaining and losing the same pounds

Options
this is my 135th day on MFP and I been losing and gaining the same weight. I do good the first week or two and then I stop and I just eat everything in site. but now for the last couple of months I'm find it hard to stick to my diet I always stay I'm going to sart today but I end up eating all day then I say ok tomorrow is the day and so on and so on. this is getting very annoying.
I'm not quitting I'm just asking for some help.

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Honestly the only thing I can tell you is to get up and just do it. Exercise more, eat less. There is no other solution. Motivation can help, but if you aren't willing to stick with it, you'll just end up quitting. If you're too lazy to do it, no amount of motivation will get you off your butt ;)
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    Oh, I TOTALLY understand. Just hang in there. I"m the exact same way. Just think that each day is a fresh start. Even if you eat everything in sight one day, that doesn't wreck everything you've done. The fact that you are not quitting is AMAZING.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Are you limiting yourself too much so it feels like a diet? Try small changes. For example, making sure you eat a protein at every meal. For instance, this morning, I had a vanilla greek yogurt and oatmeal. I put a teaspoon of brown sugar in my oatmeal and 1/4 cup of milk too. I don't look at food as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. Change things slowly. Many people go to the extreme and it's impossible to keep eating like that and they stop and then binge on food. Don't beat yourself up. Perhaps if you showed your food diary, we could help you.
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    count every calorie you eat, you will get cravings, its your bodys way of complaining, after all it is used to more. it will pass.
    i craved food for 3-4 weeks before i began to feel better.
    try drinking a glass or 2 of water before you eat, also eat very slowly and chew thoroughly.
    go for 30 minute walks and have low calorie foods around to eat when you are hungry.
    i always have a bag of carrots in the fridge and cellery

do you eat salads? i can pig out on salad till i am stuffed, and it only ends up at around 100 calories.

try my fitnesspal for a month and stick to to the program and you will feel better after a month
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    count every calorie you eat, you will get cravings, its your bodys way of complaining, after all it is used to more. it will pass.
    i craved food for 3-4 weeks before i began to feel better.
    try drinking a glass or 2 of water before you eat, also eat very slowly and chew thoroughly.
    go for 30 minute walks and have low calorie foods around to eat when you are hungry.
    i always have a bag of carrots in the fridge and cellery

do you eat salads? i can pig out on salad till i am stuffed, and it only ends up at around 100 calories.

try my fitnesspal for a month and stick to to the program and you will feel better after a month
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you shared your food diary, it would be easier to see areas to improve here. Basically, the more you can make on your own vs. out of a box is better. Instead of rice a roni, make and season your own rice. Instead of frozen dinners, make your own with ingredients you choose and portion your own. Get more fruits and veggies into your diet. Making small changes and sticking with them for a while before adding more can help too. It isn't as much of a shock to the system. Good luck!
  • yojibalinese
    Options
    You're going to hit walls. After I lost my first 50, I hit a major wall for two months of not losing, or losing and gaining it back. I found, for me, that when I excersised a tiny bit more and ATE MORE I was able to over come it in about two weeks and have been back to steadily losing.
  • nickiesue
    Options
    I had a similar issue. I strated off great. In my mind I said if I can lose 50 lbs I will be happy enough. So I lost the 50lbs and stoped. One day I decided to get on the scale and noticed I gained back 14 lbs and decided that wasn't going to cut it so I kicked myself back into high gear. It helps me to have my families support/encouragement. I also have a beautiful dress hanging on my wall that is 2 sizes too small and I am determined to be able to wear it by Christmas!

I wish you the best of luck! Use your MFP friends to support you and just keep at it! If you have a bad day let it be a bad day and start fresh the next one!

PS - I like the quote at the bottom of your post!
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Don't sabatoge yourself looking at this as I ruined today but a change in each of your meals. I find that if I take it one meal at a time I do much better. I am a protien person so I make sure I have plenty of that in each meal. Figure out what it is that keeps you satisfied the longest (protien, carbs, healthy fats et. al) and base your meals around that.
    Good luck
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Ever since I was about 28, every day I would get up and say, I'll lose weight tomorrow... (or on a Monday...)

But then I realized something... when your starting a permanent lifestyle change that extra day or week of your old life style is pointless.. so instead of saying tomorrow.. say I am starting at this very moment in time.

I also found you really have to be honest with yourself when it comes to logging.. and you have to log religiously. And whats even more important.. is that you have to realize if you go over on your calories one day.. its not the end of the world! you don't have to start over.. you just have to 'continue... '

Also, I found that it helps if I share calories between days... say if I go over on Tuesday, and I don't have time for a big workout, I'll try to get in more of a workout the next day.. or eat fewer calories the next day..

Also, you have to have a goal.. not just in weight.. or inches.. but something to look forward to after you drop the weight..
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It’s not a diet.., it’s a lifestyle choice. You need to wrap your head around that one. Another choice you have is you get to pick the size you are. Eat crap, pick a bigger size. Eat smart choose a smaller one. YOU are the only one who decides that one, nobody else.

By the way, I eat all day too, but I don’t eat crap. Number one rule; you can’t eat crap if you don’t buy crap.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have been on here since Oct of last year. I'm only down 13lbs. The best I lost in 1 month was 6lbs when I changed gyms. Granted I took a 2 month break from May-July and only gained 3 lbs. This whole process has been very irritating for me. I have ate more, ate less, workout more workout less, eat exercise calories and not.
    All my MFP pals have been at the goal weights for awhile now so it is very irritating. I just figure keep at it and maybe my body will change its mind.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to think about these three things:

!. Change WHAT you eat, not how much. I don't eat cereal for breakfast because portion control is tough for me in the morning. I eat oat meal instead. I eat much too much food, but the foods I eat don't add up to many calories. I purposefully became a pescatarian because it forces me to be more mindful of what I am eating which leads to number 2:

2. Be mindful when you eat. Portion control, log it and then eat it mindfully. Think about the choices you make, and if you choose to have 1/2 a serving or even a fully serving of dessert, take small bites, sit down and taste it. Enjoy it. It's okay to sometimes say, dammit, I've had a crap day and I'm going to eat this cookie. But don't inhale it so that you "need" another, savor it. Think about why you are eating what you are eating, imagine your body breaking it down and being nourished by it (or not)- think about how this food came to be, and appreciate all the work and nature that created it. I've found when I eat this way I have a better experience with an apple than I do with french fries.

3. Remind yourself this is not your last chance to eat what ever it is. That was one of the hardest things for me. If I went out, or if we had something somewhat special in the house, I would think I needed to really indulge because when will we be out to eat again? When will we have this again? That's the wrong way to think about it. You will go out again, you will have that dinner available again, the fewer of your crisps or cheese, or cookies you eat now the more days you can enjoy them in moderation.

These are just some things that have helped me.
    HTH